Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In PA30, is there any means to check the cost assignment using user-exit

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the following requirment and would like to seek some help from all the expertise here.

When creating record for a particular wage type, my user wants the system to perform some checking (in the user-exit) on the cost assignment so as to ensure that it is maintained for the wage type record created.

I'd like to know if there is a way to perform such checking in the user-exit (ZXPADU02) or any other means to do it.

Thanks,

Francis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, I've discovered that I can make use of the structure IPREF to perform my checking.

Thanks.

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just notice that I can make use of the field refex to check if there are cost assignment entered. However, I just want to know if there are any means to check the actual values that is entered in the cost assignment.

That is, not only I want to ensure that the user has enter a cost assignment, I want to make sure that the user has entered the correct value for, say company code and cost center.

Thanks,

Francis

former_member226519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

of course you can do it in the userexit.

Cost distribution is stored in tables ASSOB, ASSHR and PDSNR.

Francis417
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. However, in my case, the cost assignment hasn't been saved yet, so nothing can be found in the tables that you've mentioned.

What I want to do is during creation of a particular wage type record, one the user press 'save', I want the system to perform additional checking to ensure that the user has enter a cost assignment for this particular wage type. If no cost assignemnt has been entered, an error message should be issued and force the user to enter the cost assignment.

Any means to do such checking?

Thanks.

Francis