cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the PO is assigned to a Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please guide me to explore how a Purchase order is assigned to the Sales order...if it is assigned automatically by the system..

Otherwise, is the PO is pre-requisitely received as an Inbound Idoc....and then the sales order is created for the same...

Please enlighten me on this..

Regards,

Sanjeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

The PO number which we create by ME21N in our system is different from sales order(VA01) PO no. The Customer from where we get a PO is generally used to create a sales order.and the Vendor to whom we generate purchase order that number is different.

MM-purchase order is different and SD-purchase order is different.

In sales order we have field which we have to enter manually to enter the PO number and date.

Thanks,.

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

S K SUMAN,

Could you please guide me to explore how a Purchase order is assigned to the Sales order...if it is assigned automatically by the system..

Customer raises a Purchase Order which we enter in Sales order in PO Number field. (To keep track of the order).

It is not automatic we manually enter the PO number into sales order.

We have a scenario in SD - Third Party sales

where in Item category TAS details screen we have an indicator "Create PO Automatic". Which when activated and transaction is raised will raise PO requisition for third party schedule lines and PO automatically when you save a sales order

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The inbound process code will conver the data. Process code is nothing but a function module.

You can find the process codes for inbound in WE42 T.code. Select any process code and click on detail. There you can find a FM.

Regs.

Sai