cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV and QA on different patch levels - transport problems?

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What are the potential problems of having a DEV system on a LOWER patch level than QA?

My major concern is with transporting an OSS note from DEV to QA. Could this potentially overwrite an SAP object on QA with an older version from DEV? or are there checks in place that will prevent this from happening?

For example you apply an OSS note of DEV which modifies program AAA. On QA the program AAA does not match DEV as QA is on a higher patch level and program AAA has been improved. When we transport the changes to AAA from DEV to QA will program AAA be overwritten with the outdated version from DEV or are there check in place to stop this?????

Che

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that may lead inconsistencies, because your QA system is in higher level then DEV so may be there is a chance that note already existed in u r QA system with the higher patch levels.which u r going to transport from DEV to QA.

i suggest u have to maintain u r landscape in same level to avoid the data inconsistencies with the transports.

-Srini

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for you suggestions, just as I thought this has the potential to really mess up QA.

Bringing DEV and QA inline would be the best option.

Thanks

Che

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may lead to incosistancies in your QA system.