cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have ECC 6.0 and am in the NWDI under the CMS. I am trying to import the development componets:

Under the DEVELOPMENT tab, I have chosen all of the components for import.

It has been some time now and when looking at "Details" (i.e. "Show Details and Logs"), for all 3 items it says:

Repository-import Import finished View Log File

CBS-make Import running View Log File

SDM-deployment-notification Waiting for import View Log File

In the CBS-make log file, it says:

20090505023357 Info :Starting Step CBS-make at 2009-05-05 02:33:57.0834 -5:00

20090505023400 Info :wait until CBS queue of buildspace KDX_SecTrk_D is completely processed, before starting the import

20090505023401 Info :waiting for CBS queue activity

20090505023431 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20090505023501 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

20090505023532 Info :build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

Can someone help to see what is going on? Is there a way to reset this so it starts again?

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thulasi_td
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

1. Please check whether "Component Build Service" is running

2. On CBS server please check value of key idleStart is set to u2019trueu2019 then the import would not run. And change it to "false". try to import again.

Regards,

Thulasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to import again, u can select the SC, click on reset button , it will ask whether u want to change the status from import running to waiting for import, click on yes. then u can import again.

u can also do the following apart from checking the idlestart property value,

goto CBS web ui, there under the build spaces link, check whether the input value is set to PRIVILAGED for your build space . if it is so u can select that row , click on edit and change the input mode to OPEN.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding

Thulasi, I have not checked the value using the Visual Administrator but will do so in about an hour or so.

Satya

Above you mentioned:

goto CBS web ui, there under the build spaces link, check whether the input value is set to PRIVILAGED for your build space . if it is so u can select that row , click on edit and change the input mode to OPEN

Is this what happens when you hit the RESET button for the items? Initially, the RESET button was ghosted and could not be depressed. I restarted the import anyways (choosing one file only). After doing so, the RESET button can now be DEPRESSED ( and is no longer ghosted).

Before starting the import, I did go to check the status of the files and they were alerady set to OPEN (I did not have to do anything) but there was an indication that an error took place.

Again, I started the import once more (using one item). Supposedly, it is running - supposedly that is 😐

How can you tell if something is actually working? That the import is actually running and not stalling out?

TIA

Edited by: Casey Harris on May 5, 2009 6:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for the responses.

The problem was that the CMS server was not turned on. I went to the Visual Administrator and followed this link here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/53/75b3407e73c57fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Again, everything was OK, it just had not been starteed.

Now that it has been, I have been able to sucessfully import the .SCA files into the "Development" and "Consolidation" areas.

Thanks again and cheers!