cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Items on diffrent database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm trying to copy an Items object through diffrent companies. I already posted a massage about that, and i was given an answer to do it through XML file, which didn't worked.

is there another way of doing it?

i'm loading the object by GetByKey to oItems, after i initialized it through the original company object.

but if i'm just copying it to a diffrent Items instance, which was initialized by a diffrent company,

it brings with him the old company connection too. is there a way to copy all the info but to be able to initialize it on a diffrent company?

Or any other idea how can i do that

Blessings

Robert H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I did tried to do it that way.

the XML file did manage to be saved, but when i'm loading it to the new oItems instance, i'm getting a long error from the database, which start like this:

<ErrorList>

<Error>System Id = 143853424, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 79, Description = The namespace of element 'schema' must be from the schema namespace.</Error>

<Error>System Id = 143853424, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 99, Description = The namespace of element 'element' must be from the schema namespace.</Error>

<Error>System Id = 143853424, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 112, Description = The namespace of element 'complexType' must be from the schema namespace.</Error>

<Error>System Id = 143915240, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 117, Description = The namespace of element 'all' must be from the schema namespace.</Error>

<Error>System Id = 143915240, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 164, Description = The namespace of element 'element' must be from the schema namespace.</Error>

<Error>System Id = 143915240, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 177, Description = The namespace of element 'complexType' must be from the schema namespace.</Error>

<Error>System Id = 143915240, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 187, Description = The namespace of element 'sequence' must be from the schema namespace.</Error>

<Error>System Id = 143915240, Line Number = 1, Column Number = 239, Description = The namespace of element 'element'

Greetings

R.Hague

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about copying the Items to an XL template provided by SAP and scheduling an auto import with DTW?? But i guess this does not automate the process 100%

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i need it to be completely automoatic, for it is a part of an Addon i'm building.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have mentioned that u used the XML method, y did it not work out for u..?? Did u try it in the following way???

1) Connect the company object, get the Items in the XML file, save the XML file. Disconnect the Company object.

Now the 2nd part

2) Again create a new company object (the target company), now read the XML files and add or import the new Items.

Vasu Natari.