cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP sender adapter archives empty files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have a strange problem with the ftp sender adapter.

I receive my file without problems, and the scenario works as it should.

The problem is with the archiving of my processed file.

It writes the file fine to the path specified, but it is empty (user has full file permissions)

The ftp adapter uses content conversion, and I have seen threads in the forum that tells about simular errors. But I have found no solution.

Hope someone can help here.

Regards...

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

File Content Conversion is usually associated with Receiver File/FTP adapters

and Archiving the source file is an option at the Sender File/FTP Adapter.

I'm not sure what you mean when you said "The ftp adapter uses content conversion,..."

Can you let us know the details of your scenario?

Like who / what is the sender and who/what is the receiver system?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

********************************************************************************************

File Content Conversion is usually associated with Receiver File/FTP adapters

and Archiving the source file is an option at the Sender File/FTP Adapter.

********************************************************************************************

No, content conversion is used both in sender and receiver file/FTP adapters.

In my case, it is in a sender adapter!

I'm not sure what you mean when you said "The ftp adapter uses content conversion,..."

The sender FTP adapter content converts a flat file to XML format!

Can you let us know the details of your scenario?

Like who / what is the sender and who/what is the receiver system?

The scenario looks like this: "FTP -> XI -> RFC", but as mentioned before, the scenario works fine, the problem is in the FTP sender adapter that fails to save the archive file.

If I try to use the file/FTP sender adapter in "file mode", with the same parameters, the archive file is written just fine!

Regards...

Peter

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

OK..My bad...i take back my comment about FCC and Sender adapters.

What does the communication channel monitoring logs say?

Also, can you check if create/copy any xml files manually on the ftp archive directory?

Some ftp settings will not allow creation of any XML files.

Just try to copy the file to be archived from some location to the FTP location and see if it is empty or not.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

**************************************************************************************************

OK..My bad...i take back my comment about FCC and Sender adapters.

What does the communication channel monitoring logs say?

**************************************************************************************************

Perfectly ok...

Adapter says:

File "<FILENAME>" has been successfully deleted on FTP server "<FTP SERVER>" after sending and moving to "
srv1234.domain.something\<path>\archive\<FILENAME>"

Indicating that everything went just fine!

Also, can you check if create/copy any xml files manually on the ftp archive directory?

Some ftp settings will not allow creation of any XML files.

Just try to copy the file to be archived from some location to the FTP location and see if it is empty or not.

Point is that Im not storing the file received from the FTP server on the FTP server, but on a local fileshare.

Regards...

Peter

Edited by: Peter Egelund Ellebye on May 5, 2009 3:33 PM

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you select the Archive Process mode check whether you have mentioned the Archive Directory path correcly and check the Archive Files On FTP Server option. Check in your FTP folder whether it is creating the archive directory with the files in it.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna.

As I wrote, the files are created correctly, but with no content.

And since im archiving the files locally, it dosnt make any sense to check the "Archive files on FTP server".

Sorry...

Regards.

Peter

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please have a look at this link and see if it helps

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Best Regards

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Peter,

Its really a very strange problem and my two cents would be just check that your transfer mode is chosen as binary and check mark the box archive files on the ftp and select the file type as binary.

If this works it would be a big fluke

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel.

I did try that, without succes.

I found an other post on the forum, with the exact same problem().

He solved the problem with a patch from SAP, but didnt mention which one

Im seaching SAP notes at the moment...

Regards...

Peter

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The problem only occurs when using content conversion.
He solved the problem with a patch from SAP, but didnt mention which one 😞

even majority of the threads on empty file complain about FCC....may not be a problem of patch as your other scenario are working fine....you just need to check the FCC parameters and verify if there is any mismatch in the message structure and correspondingly defined FCC parameters...same was the case faced in this thread...

Just cross-check your message structure and your FCC definition

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek.

Everything in the scenario works fine, except the part, where the ftp sender adapter writes the received file in a specified archive directory...

The file/message processed works like a charm, but the archived file is empty, which is a bit unfortunate, since the file is needed for historical backup.

Regards...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Checkout the memory status in the specified directory in which you are trying to archive the file, normally empty file will get generate due to lack of memory on the archiving directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra.

No problems there...

The problem only occurs when using content conversion.

I have other scanarios that archive fine on the same file server, but they do not use content conversion.

Regards.

Peter