cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TM and Event Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am a student of informations systems and currently I am writing my bachelor-thesis about SAP Transportation Management 7.0 and SAP Event Management 7.0 in view of Supply Chain Event Management focused on a Fulfillment-Process. I have a few questions belongs to the practicability of this process with SAP TM 7.0.

Usually you use SAP APO to implement SCM-Fulfillment-Processes. But instead of using SAP ERP LES it is also possible to use SAP TM for Transportation Management especially for Transportation Planning, Execution and Service Provider Selection (Integration between SAP ERP LES and SAP TM e.g. via IDocs), isn't it?

I have got a few experience in customizing SAP TM and SAP EM for a Transportation Execution (FCL) and Tracking Szenario. For this reason, i want to implement e.g. a partial re-planning of the Transportation Execution in SAP TM if there is a variation between planned and actual data (e.g. because of traffic jam).

I don't want to know, how to implement this in SAP TM, I just want to know, if is it reasonable to implement this and the scenario above with SAP TM? Or is it recommend to use SAP APO only?

Kind regards,

Christian

Edited by: Christian Beining on May 5, 2009 10:35 AM

Edited by: Christian Beining on May 5, 2009 11:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Your first question: Yes, integration with ERP and TM is done with using IDocs. And SAP PI is used for the mapping. (Master Data integration is done by using a CIF connection (Core Interface).

For integration of EM and TM it should be possible to use actual data in combination with planned data.

First of all there is a difference between PTA's (planned transportation activities) and ETA (executed transportation activities). In EM based on a PTA an ETA can be generated. The PTA won't be changed, but a new object is generated. Besides that an unexpected event can occor, like a traffic jam, or the truck brakes down. These event should result in a evaluation of what kind of action should be taken. The planner should judge if replanning is necessary or not. How this process should take place in TM is something we are trying to find out in our project at the moment. Maybe a new optimizer planning run needs to change the planning or mannual planning has to be performed. Either way SAP TM can support this requirement.

I hope this satisfies your question. If not please respond.

Regards,

Nico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nico,

I was checking this reply above and Id like to know if you have more information about it now...

"The PTA won't be changed, but a new object is generated. Besides that an unexpected event can occor, like a traffic jam, or the truck brakes down. These event should result in a evaluation of what kind of action should be taken. The planner should judge if replanning is necessary or not. How this process should take place in TM is something we are trying to find out in our project at the moment. Maybe a new optimizer planning run needs to change the planning or mannual planning has to be performed. Either way SAP TM can support this requirement.

I hope this satisfies your question. If not please respond.

Regards,

Nico."

One more question. What is the link between the PTA and the ERP shipment document?

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PTA (Product Tracking and Authentication) scenario is not directly linked to the shipment document. It is related to an EPC and generally associated with the integration with SAP NetWeaver PI and the OER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone provide me integration settings or any link which can help me to integrate SAP TM with SAP event management.

I have installed SAP EM and TM 8.0 on same server. but dont know what to do further after creating RFC and logical system.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

currently we are handling some problems with the integration of SAP Event Management and SAP Transportation Management. Both are running on the same system.

The Situation:

I had set up a RFC-Connection between SAP EM and SAP TM. In SAP TM I definied the corresponding settings for EM-Relevance of SRQ. In "Integration with other mySAP.com Components" I defined, the Business Process Types, Application Objects Types and the Event Types.

After creating a SRQ, I got the message, that event tracking for the expected shipment request type is activated. While debbuging I found out, that SAP TM found the corresponding Business Proccess Type and Application Object Type to the Shipment Request Type. SAP TM also found the Event Manager which I defined in "Integration with other mySAP.com Components" --> "Define EM" and got the RFC-Destination.

The Problem is, after creating a SRQ there is no message in the Application Log, like "Event Handler was created successfully". The corresponding tables are empty, too.

Has got anybody an idea? Maybe the configuration of the RFC-Connection is wrong or something else?

If you need more detailed information, let me know.

Thanking you guys in anticipation,

Regards,

Christian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have already solved this problem. SAP TM didn't send any data to SAP EM, because the related Action Profiles in Post Processing Framework were deleted.

Kind Regards,

Christian