cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROR: Exporting Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having problems with the exporting structure with Ruby's saprfc (I get it as a long concatenated string).

Even though I am a Ruby on Rails guy, I believe the sollution of web services to be good.

But what to do with customers with old installed based (R/3 4.6c) that still doesn't come fully loaded with the WAS and webservice support?

Is there anything non-intrusive enough to use along side old R/3?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I made a reply to your comment about parameters-that-have-structures on my Ruby on Rails article. This we can work through if it is a bug.

As the SAP::Rfc implementation for Ruby (also my creation) is based entirely on the RFC protocol, it is ideal for communcating with SAP systems as far back as 3.0F, and could even be easily adapted for communcation with R/2 systems (infact - it would be possible to write a complete RFC based application without an R/3 system, using just the standalone gateway component where you right RFC server applications on oneside, and RFC client applications ala SAP::Rfc on the other - but that is another story...).

RFC (in my opinion) is still one of the greatest technologies that SAP ever created - that is why it still underpins all the other communcation technologies like jco, PHP (SAPRFC), ITS, SAP BC, inter R/3 comms, etc. The only real exception being the WAS. So perhaps you don't need to look any further than that?

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Piers for jumping in, hope to see you around more often!