cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unble to see any records in the Metadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a simple NW Mobile application on NWDS 7.1. I have followed the instructions in the video tutorial found at this link [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/204fc387-6646-2a10-99b7-bba030bc3f68].

This application should show a table with all activities.

I'm trying to use a standard BAPI (CRM_ACTIVITY_MOBILE_GETLIST) for the GETLIST bapi wrapper. When I execute this BAPI in the backend system it has some records. After generating the data object in the DOE, I check data with the View Metadata option but the related CDS table is empty.

DOE is installed on a system; data and called function modules are on a different system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you perform the Initial/Delta Load (tcode : sdoe_load) after you generated the Data Object? Only when you perform initial/delta load, the data from the backend is transferred to the DOE cds table.

Best regards,

Vinodh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry again, but I'm not still able to see data in the application.

I did an intial load of my data object and re-actived the related rule. The CDS table has now some records.

In NWDS, I performed a reset of the client and re-deployed my application, re-initializing the database on the runtime client. In the emulator, I create a new user, I can successfully sync, I can see my application but when I open it the table is empty.

I've defined a bulk rule for the data object. I've checked data with dbvisualizer and the table related to the data object is empty. Do you any idea about it?

Thanks and Regards, Beatrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By re-activated the rule, did you mean deactivted and then activated the rule?

After the rule turned green in admin portal, did you trigger extract from admin portal for your device.

The above step is not necessary only if the dataobject is configured for sync extract.

otherwise you need to explicitly trigger extract for your device in the admin portal( manage device screen>view pending extract link>trigger extract

Once extract is done, then the data will reach the outbound queue of the device and after syncing it reaches the client.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

how can you deactivate the rule?

I'm able to activate/deactivate only the distribution model related to the rule. I can see the green light only for the distribution model.

I've performed the trigger extract for the device, then sync but the situation is still the same.

Should I see my data object in the outbound queue? And should I see it also in the subscriptions list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, once the extract is triggered, you should be able to see the data in the outbound queue.

Best regards,

Vinodh

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After activating Distribution model, Rules need to be activated using NW Administratio page. Without activating the rules, Client will not receive any data from Middleware.

YOu can activate the rules in Distribution rule administartion page.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once initial load is done , you need to go to Data Orchestration and Monitoring portal by clicking the menu item in sap easy access(user menu).

In the opening page, click administration link

then choose distribution Rule administration

In this screen , search the rule by giving DMSWCV pattern in F4 help.

it will list you all the rules part of the DM.

Choose and click on activate button .

Once the status turns green means the rule is activated successfully.

Now you device should get the data in pending extracts as i explained before in the manage device screen.

Once extract is done , you will be able to see the data object in the outbound queue of your device.

Also as you mentioned, your device will list in the subcriptions for this rule also.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

I follow all the steps you've mentioned:

- activate the distribution rule

- trigger extract

- view the data object in the outbound queue

The final result is: I can sync but the table in the application is still empty. I've checked the table in the mindb using dbvisualizer and it cointains expected data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it mean that the application table has data in it, but the application UI is not showing the data?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Liji,

the db table has data but the table I've created in the application to show my activities is empty.

I'm checking if there is something wrong in my application and the binding.

Thanks, Beatrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to share with you the solution to my issue.

I added the row below in the generated supply method:

public void supplyQuery_Activity_List(IWDNode node) {

Query_Activity_List.execute();

node.bind(Collections.singleton(Query_Activity_List));

}

Now I'm able to see data in my application.

Thank you again for your suggestions!

Regards, Beatrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to both of you!

The CDS table now contains some records. This step was not mentioned in the video tutorial and I've ever found it in the sap documentation.

Thank you again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you perform initial load step in transaction : SDOE_LOAD?There you need to choose the SWCV and the Dataobject for which you need to load the initial data to DOE.

If yes, please check if there are any queues in ready state in TCODE : SMQ2.

Once all the queues are executed successfully, the data would reach CDS of the dataobject.

Regards,

Liji