cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i want to fax documents from SAP, so i want to define Fax.

So can you help me how can i define it using tcode SCOT.

Regards

Sh...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the Note 455140.

Thanks

Presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sherif,

did you followed the link that I gave to you,the clearly states the settings required for FAX

"

You have to configure SAPconnect settings for every client that is used for send processes.

· Default Domain

Under Settings ® Default Domain, define the domain of the SAP system client. This allows for the following to take place:

· The SMTP plug-in logs on to the mail server using the domain as ID.

· The message ID of the outbound e-mails is assembled with this domain.

· If an SAP user who does not have an Internet mail address sends an e-mail, a sender address consisting of the SAP user name and this domain is generated.

· Nodes

Each client has an SMTP node. This node is created by the SAP system and cannot be deleted. The following steps need to be carried out to configure the node so that sending Internet mail is possible:

i. Make sure you are in the Node view.

ii. Double-click the node name.

iii. Choose Node in use.

iv. In the Mail Host and Mail Port fields, specify the mail server to which the outbound mails are to be sent.

v. Next to Internet, choose Settings.

vi. Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all e-mails are to be sent using SMTP.

vii. Enter the output format for SAP documents. We recommend that you use the following settings:

SAPscript/Smart Forms PDF

ABAP list HTM

Business Object / Link HTM

RAW Text TXT

viii. Confirm your selection.

If you also want to configure the node for sending faxes:

i. Next to Fax, choose Settings.

ii. Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all faxes are to be sent using SMTP.

iii. Enter the output format for SAP documents. We recommend that you use the following settings:

SAPscript/Smart Form PDF

ABAP list PDF

Business Object / Link TXT

RAW Text TXT

iv. Enter the domain of the fax server or fax provider under Conversion into Internet Address. The system generates the local part of the Internet address automatically. The address therefore takes this format: FAX=+RecipientNumber@Domain.

v. Confirm your selection.

If you also want to configure the node for sending text messages (pager/SMS):

i. Next to Pager (SMS), choose Settings.

ii. Enter the address area of the recipient addresses that are to be reached using this node. In general, * is used if all text messages (pager/SMS) are to be sent using SMTP.

iii. Enter the domain of the text message (pager/SMS) server or provider under Conversion into Internet Address. The system generates the local part of the Internet address automatically. The address therefore takes this format: SMS=+RecipientNumber@Domain.

iv. Confirm your selection.

"

Please follow this and let me know of any questions

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit for your reply,

but I think you didn't get what i mean.

As I'm understanding, to use the FAX from SAP we have two ways:

1- Integrates the FAX device with the Mail Server then use the SMTP to send FAX.

2- RFC between the FAX and the SAP system " but i should create this RFC manually" .

So I need your help, in what should i do in each case and what is required from the FAX administrator to provide.

Regards,,

Sherif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sherif,

Refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

for FAX configuration

Let me know of any questions

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit,

I have the Nortel Call Pilot fax device.

can you please guide me how can i use it from SAP.?

Regards,

Sh..

Edited by: Sherif Eid on May 5, 2009 11:36 AM