cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible values in WSDL-elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an inbound sync scenario SOAP to server proxy, for which I'm generating a WSDL in XI and sending it to the legacy application.

My requirement is to restrict the possible values for some elements in the inbound message.

Ex: there is a company code elementsfor which I'm expecting the values either 1100 1200 or 1300 etc.

Is there a way in WSDL ( or in the related datatype, message type ), where I can specify these 3 are the possible values for this field?

Regards,

Mathews

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can restrict the possible values for elements in the inbound message by using the Fix Value method. set all the values which you want to restrict as false others with true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But will the legacy application which is sending the inbound message know which all values are true and false before sending the message?My requirement is the sender should know before sending the message what all are the possible values for each element in the message based on the WSDL I'm going to generate.

Can you please give me some links or details I can read about the fix value method?

Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create the Data type for this there is an option for enumeration in the Details section.Add the values you want to include for the particular field there and try.

Thanks,

Tiny

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> When you create the Data type for this there is an option for enumeration in the Details section.Add the values you want to include for the particular field there and try.

>

> Thanks,

> Tiny

these option even though there in XI 3.0 and PI 7.0 do not work functionally

This was fixed in PI 7.1 with the XSD validation feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your quick responses.

I'm okai if XI doesnt validate the incoming data ,I do have required checks in R3 before posting the data.All I want to is to indicate for some fields the possible values in SAP to the legacy system rather than maintaining a lookup table.

I gave the possible values without quotes separated by space and the XSD came like this below:

<xsd:element name="Ticket_Type" minOccurs="0">

<xsd:annotation>

<xsd:appinfo source="http://sap.com/xi/TextID">

6648ef2834be11debab0001b77c08664

</xsd:appinfo>

</xsd:annotation>

<xsd:simpleType>

<xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">

<xsd:enumeration value="A10" />

<xsd:enumeration value="A20" />

<xsd:enumeration value="A30" />

<xsd:maxLength value="15" />

</xsd:restriction>

</xsd:simpleType>

</xsd:element>

This is what you guys meant right?

Mathews

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes ... that will do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, let me try how to make good use of this in my scenario.

Mathews

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These validations do not take effect in XI.

PI 7.1 does support XSD level validations

anyway answering your question,

enumerations can help - http://www.w3schools.com/schema/schema_facets.asp