cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export format is not known/supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a java application that uses Crystal Report JRC (CR4E) to generate and export reports to different format.

My code successfully generated reports in formats like PDF, RTF, CSV, and RPT. But I still need to format to MS Excel and paginated text format. Although there are MSExcel and Text formats available from ReportExportFormat, I cannot use it successfully. Here is how I export:

int format = ReportExportFormat._MSExcel;
InputStream inputStream = reportClientDoc.getPrintOutputController().export(ReportExportFormat.from_int(format));

I got this error:

2009-04-30 12:22:39,328 ERROR com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter - Export format is not known/supported 2009-04-30 12:22:39,343 ERROR com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter - JRCAgent1 detected an exception: Export format is not supported or not recognized

How I can export to MS Excel without creating a report on web first? Is ReportExportFormat._MSExcel really not supported? I am using the com.businessobjects.sdks.jrc.11.8.0_11.8.8.v1541 from CR4E.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tej, thanks for the answer but still the same error when I tried MSExcel.

Just wondering, have you successfully exported a report to MSExcel format? Can you share how you did it? I do not have a Crystal server. I am only using the JRC jars from CR4E plugin.

Thanks,

Bel

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Upgrade to CR4E 2.0 Service Pack 1 - links in the first post in this forum.

MS Excel export is supported with CR4E 2.0 SP1. Not previous.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Can I know how to export to Excel by using CR4E 1.0 as I can use only JVM 1.4 (CR4E is compiled in JVM 1.5) ?

Please advise for this issue.

Regards,

Tin M Htay

Singapore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On CR4E V2.0 ReportExportFormat.recordToMSExcel worked out fine at my end.

This exports a report to Excel ( Data Only).

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use MSExcel instead of _MSExcel

Thanks,

Tej