cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please advise what is the difference between running MRP using MDBT versus using MD03 aside from one is Background run and the other is Online. I ask this question because we set-up Opening Period for MRP in SMK of Material Master and in MDBT, we use Create Purch Req as 2, but it generates PR even for those outside the Opening Period, but if you use MD03 and use the same parameter 2 for Create Purch. Req. for the item, it generated Planned Order (STPO) and not PR for those outside Opening Period.

Is there any other reason why in MDBT, PR is generated even for those outside Opening Period? Please help ..... Thanks in Advance.....

Regards,

SD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hubert_spohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in MDBT the settings from the MRP group are used for each product if there is a MRP group assigned to the product, in MD03 the settings made in the transaction are used.

Please check if there is a MRP group assigned to the products and check the customizing of the MRP groups.

Regards.

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. But I am referring to same material number when I said it was run on MDBT and in MD03, it means it has only one set-up (with MRP Group) and yet it gives me different result in relation to the Opening Period that was set-up in SMK.

BR,

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please disregard my previous reply.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Just want to seek help regarding the MRP Creation Indicator. What would be the effect if the Opening Period set is "0" or zero for the MRP item in SMK of Material Master but when we run MRP in the Selection Parameters we uses the parameter "2"- Purchase requisitions in Opening Period in the Create Purchase Requisition field.

We have MRP items wherein MRP still generates Planned Orders (STPO) even if the Opening Period is Zero or "0". The MRP Planned Orders contains Planned Opening Date which is the same date when MRP run and yet MRP did not created PR for the item. Hope you can help enlighten us.

Thanks,

SD