cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have attached file in DMS but it get deleted.......now i want to restore that file........is there any solution to restore that file...........

Regards

Meenakshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi

You mean to say that you have deleted original application file that you have atttached to DIR.

You cannot restore this original application file.

Yes you can control with authorization who can delete the poriginal application file.

Check This Link for various Authorization in SAP DMS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c24ac43c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not correct. It is possible to recover the file if it was previously checked in (even if it was not released or a content version was not created).

You can recover the file using the "Reset Checkin" function in the original menu path if the file was checked in previously. Open the DIR in change mode, select original - reset check in and it should restore the file back to the most recently checked in file.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

My understanding of her problem is that if I delete original application file which was checked in and then Save DIR .If next Time I open DIR can I restore the deleted the Original application file.

I saw " Reset Checkout " in original menu path.

Also Can you please elaborate your scenario of deletion of file.Maybe my understanding is wrong.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya i m agree with you, I m also facing same prob.

Can anyone help me out.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Mangesh. It depends on your definition of "file" vs "original" and I took the definition as file. If the original is deleted in SAP, then there is no way to recover the original other than to restore the file through and SAP Backup and Restore. If the file is deleted from the local drive then it can be recovered with reset checkin.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Althol

Thanks for your inputs.But can you please elaborate your functionality of Reset checkin

With regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reset checkin is used for couple of scenarios:

1. You have accidentally deleted the checked out file from your local hard drive and wish to restore the check to its previous state

2. A user might be away and you need to modify the file they checked out. This reset check will restore it so you can modify it.

3. You have accidentally changed the wrong file and you wish to restore it back to the last copy that was checked in.

All three of these scenarios do occur, although I would say the second is the most likely scenario to occur.

To test the functionality, ensure the file has been checked in once and the DIR has been saved. Check out the file and close the DIR (will not work if the doc type has auto checkin for that status). Then delete the file from your local drive, open the DIR and select the reset checkin function to restore it. Save the DIR and it should be back to its state prior to the checking out of the file.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Althol

Thanks for providing me good Inputs.As I have not explored this functionality.I saw help on this and found under this link of CAD desktop ( CA-CAD )

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/6e/c7fc3be1c0006be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Thanks Once again.Meenakshi must award full marks to Althol.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, there is no way of getting deleted file back....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned, if you deleted the file off your hard drive during check out, yes you can recover. If you deleted the original out of the originals area of the DIR, no you cannot recover unless you do a back up and restore of SAP and/or the content server.

The only other thing I can think of is if you had a content version of the file you could restore that, but it doesn't sound like that would be an option in your case.

The only other alternative is for you to check if they did a client copy recently as the original may still be located in the QA environment.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a program called [Advanced File Recovery|http://www.advanced-file-recovery.com/]. It helped me to restore all my poems that my sister had deleted on my computer. I think that this program will help you too.