Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Reversal of PGI in wrong date

anup_deshmukh4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem regarding PGI done on April 17, 2009 and the user after realising that the Goods Issued were wrong so he reversed the PGI using VL09 Tcode. But while reversing user did it on 03.05.2009.

Can we reverse this posting as on April 17 2009? If yes, than please reply coz i want the stock to be available on April 17 2009 which is lying on 03 May 2009 after the reversal of PGI.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anup_deshmukh4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies problem is solved...!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anup

i am facing same problem can you please suggest how could you solved this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anup Deshmukh ,

Yes, you can do reversal of PGI on 17th April it is possible.

Execute VL09

Enter Shipping Point and Enter outbound delivery no.

Click Execute

Choose the line item Click "Reverse" tab provided above

Click on "Define date" enter the date and click tick mark and then click reverse.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can reverse the goods issue.

by VL09, the posting is reversed automatically.

Thanks,

Raja

anup_deshmukh4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well the user has already reversed it through Vl09 but he forgot to change the Define date in Vl09 and the system took the date 03 May 2009.

Now i want the stock to be available as on April 17 2009 which aftr reversing is still lying on 03 May 2009.

how am i going to do it..plz check the dates

plz help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the PGI is reversed in 3rd so stock will be available only on 3rd. I dont think you can get it back on 17h April.

Thanks,

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once reversed a PGI, you cannot change the posting date. So in your case, since the end user has already reversed, do PGI once again with current period. Once the goods are posted with current period, you have to open previous period in MMPI and now while reversing define the date as 17-04-09.

Not sure on inventory implications which you have to check with FI colleagues. Better test in development client and if found okay, go ahead in production.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes As Mr Lakshmipathi said once again you can do goods issue for that delivery on that 17 th april provided your MM period is open for that VL09 reversed delivery

In the delivery doc you have to put the actual GI date as 17 th april or otherwise it will take as 5 th may that is today

If MM period is not open you can open the same in MMPI

SAP doesnt recommend this practise

Ususally SAP allows a month grace time to do post into previous period

So in the month of may posting in april is not a problem (like your scenario) no need of MMPI

suppose the delivery is in 26 th feb 09 and reversed in may 2 that is 2009 and then once again you want to do PGI or process the delivery in the feb 26 th itself then you need MMPI

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I'm currently also in the same situation as subjected. As you mentioned, "do PGI once again with current period" & "now while reversing define the date as"; I've done but system showing an error like below.

Error: Cancellation date 2012.03.31 is before the goods issue date 2012.04.03

As this is an error, I can't proceed forward. Please advice what can I do.