cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a GL be assigned to Cond type RA01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie.

Can condition type RA01 (Discount) be automatically tag to G/L accounts?.

My scenario - user wants to create sales order with RA01 in it. When saving the sales order with the net vale after less RA01, user expect to have an automate Sales Order or Billing to capture the discount RA01 into accounting document.

I could not find in customizing that we can assign G/L accounts to RA01, the same as we can assign it to material AAG.

I would appreciate any idea on how to capture the requirement as explained above.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can post the sales value and discount after billing and not at sales orer level . now for you to have the posting do the following

identify a gl Account for the discount ra01

in pricing procedure assign a account key to discount type - t code v/08 (eg ERS)

in t code Vkoa, set up the account dertermination procedure

add gthe account key for the (ERS) to the combination of sales area , cust acct assignemnt, material acct assignmnet

when you create a billing the amount would be posted to the g/l account

make a search for the revenue accoutn determination in the forum for more insights on account determination

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haryati Haron,

For the Condition type that you have mentioned RA01 - % disc from Gross youi have already an account key assigned for that condition type.

All you have to do is to maintain G/L account in VKOA Transaction

Explain the scenario to your Fi Consultant and request G/L account and

Choose Material Group /Account key

You check whether the Percentage is getting executed in pricing by clicking on "conditions" tab

Then in Billing if posting it is automatic then its ok. Then Choose the line item in billing VF02, Click Accounting tab and check the G/L assignemnt or ask you FI Consultant to check.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

TQ for yr responds. I have tried steps mentioned in above replies. However, in VKOA, i have to fill in these data:

Application - V

Condition typ - ???*

Chart of Acct - 0001

Sales Org. - ???**

Acct asgnmt g - ???***

Account key - ERS

My queries:

• In my Cond Type, there is only 2 data available i.e KOFI and KOFK. When i tried to insert RA01, system prompt me error message "entry C V RA01 does not exist in T685"

I've checked T685, and found the following:

Usage Application Cond Type

A M RA01

A V RA01

C V KOFI

C V KOFK

Usage A is Pricing and usage C is Account Determination. How can i insert RA01 as C when in the first place it is categorised as Pricing (A)?

• Sales Org - if i have 50 sles org to maintain its GL for RA01, does this mean that i have to maintain the GL one by one per sales order here?

• Acct Assgnmt Grp - i believe that AAG is extracted from Material Master Data. But RA01 is a Pricing COndition Type which carries no AAG. What should i put it here? How can i assign GL without AAG? (If i choose Table 5 - Acct Key instead Table 3- Material Grp/Acct Key, tehre is no AAG specified. Can i choose this?)

Would very much appreciate yr feedback on this matter.

TQVM!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

some answers for the first part

condition type here referes to the account determination condition type , in std only 2 KOFI , without co assignment and KOFK with co assignment. this is not sd pricing condition

in your case give it as kofi

2nd - sales org

you have to enter it for all the sales org , if ther are 50 then for all 50 you have to enter them one by one

3rd

account assignment group , it would come from the material master and it indicates the g/l to which revenues discounts should be posted to

there is one more accoutn assignemtn group , cust acct assignment grp also in one fo the sequences

check whihc one you have select by going to description

for the second part of the querry

you can use any of the access sequences in VKOA,

which one to use would depend on how you want accts tobe determined, eg do you want them to be genric for all, do you want them to be cust specific, do you want to have them material specifi etc

so based on above things you can select the access sequence and mainatin accordingly

also lastly , condition type for pricing is differnt from accoutn assignemnt condition type . the keys in customer and material master along with account assignment key in pricing procedure determine the g/l account

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Akasha,

TQ for yr explaination.

I need to use RA01 in my slaes order as a sales deduction, hence it is a Pricing condition. I can't maintain KOFI in my sales order as a sales deduction.

So, back to my question, is there any way to assign a GL to a Pricing Condition Type? Since VKOA can only be used to assign GL to an account assignment condition type, not Pricing Condition Type.

I am still at lost. Appreciate yr guide.

TQ!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here you missed the concept VKOA is for account detemination based on the following values:

Application -

Condition typ

Chart of Acct

Sales Org. -

Acct asgnmt g

Account key -

For your requirement please fill the following entries:

Application - V

Condition typ - KOFI and KOFK both

Chart of Acct - 0001

Sales Org. - All sales org. you have

Acct asgnmt g - goto material master and check MAAG for that

Account key - ERS

assign one GL for the above combination.

Create a sales order and invoice, producing accounting document then goto T code FB03 and check the account (GL) you have define in VKOA.

try and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all! TQVM for your responds. IMy problem has been solved with the help from FI team and ABAper.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating the pricing procedure assign a account key to your condition type. As your condition type is for Discount assign ERS to your condition type and save it.

Again go to T code VKOA and for access sequence Customer AAG/Material AAG/Acct Key.....assign a GL account for account key = ERS.

It will solve your problem

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haron,

Goto Tcode: VKOA

click on cust grp/ mat grp/ acct key

assign the values with the combination of APP / CndTy / ChAc / S.Org / AAG (cust) / AAG (mat) / ActKey (from pricing procedure) / G/L Account

then save it

goto Tcode VF01 or VF02

create billing or enter billing document number

select the line item, click on accounting icon, then select accounting document

there you can see, assigned G/L account

thanks.