cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI Substitution rule working only in Change mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm running into a strange one. Hope y'all can guide me.

We're using a substitution rule via OBBH for all documents of type DR (call-up point 2).

For all line items with posting key 01, the substitution basically picks up a constant from the customer master and puts it in XREF3.

However, the substitution rule doesn't seem to be working.

I've activated the substitution rule, I've run the RGUGBR00 program. I've activated the "trace" and tried positing a document. From the trace display, I clearly see that the value is derived correctly. I can see that XREF3 has the constant value. However, when the document is "Saved", XREF3 is coming as blank.

There is only this one substitution rule in the system.

Another interesting thing is when I go in change mode, the substitution rule is working fine. If I go into FB02 for example and change anything .. say text.. and save the document, XREF3 has the value derived via the substitution rule.

I'm at loss of what needs to be done. Could anyone please guide me

Thanks

VH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vicky,

We have some fields as internally generated fields, which will be updated after posting the document only. In this case take your ABAPER help.

Regards,

Dharma Rao. Yekual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually this substitution rule was working in one of the other clients (DEV). I've made sure the changes have been transported correctly to our test environment (QA). For some reason this is not working only in QA environment.