cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM - Proc active and QM Control key - QM View in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

What is the influence of QM -Procurement active and QM control key in the QM . Right now all are procurement are without control key . Any advice will be highly appreciated .

Thanks

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

As Kaushik pointed out-

QM Procuremrnt Active: if this set it means that QM in procurement is activated for all plants of a client.

QM Control key: Details for QM specific procurement process at plant level are determined using this control key like if Technical delivery terms,Certificaton type etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

RAVI.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ

I addition to what all had said just remember that When ever you are using Qm procument key better to keep it as simple as possible.

IMG>> Quality Management -->QM in Logistic --> QM in Procurement -->Define Control Keys

now here After Defining the Control Key, Go to QM in Procurement Tab

When ever you maintain Quality aggremnt tick & Vendor Relase or Delivery relase then Qulaity Info record cum into picture which are to be maintained at plant level..

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

We work with SAP Retail version, SAP ECC 6.0. I have activated QM Control on client level.

However when I try to tick QM at Material Master Data, an error occurs:

'Message no. M3831 Plants exist in which you have not specified a control key'.

How can I specify a control key in all plants? Could you show me a path?

With best rgds, Azat

Edited by: Azat Fayzullin on Jul 21, 2009 8:31 AM

Edited by: Azat Fayzullin on Jul 21, 2009 8:32 AM

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If any plants dont require controls, assign control key 0000- No active function.

Then this warning will not show again.

thanks

Vineeth Varghese

antonio_rodriguez9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello..

Where i put control key 0000?

I have some plant, but only one with QM..

Thanks

antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

If you want to exercise control over procurement, like Block Purchase Order, Block a Vendor Material, Invoice Block, Block if Certification is not done etc ... then only you should activate this control.

On activation it is mandetory to maintain Q Info record and to specify system which control you are expecting.

Friendly advice - You will find many controls in SAP. Unless business requirement do not activate those controls.

Regards

Atul

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you set QM -Procurement active indicator, you should activate "QM in procurement" for all plants pertaining to a client.

You can use the functions implemented in the QM component for supporting the procurement process as required. The QM functions apply partly to a certain material, a certain vendor and a certain material-vendor combination.

The control data, therefore, are stored partly in the material master, the vendor master and in an information record (info record) for the material-vendor combination (supply relationship).

QM control key key determines which conditions are valid for quality management in procurement.

Let us know if you have any futher query on the same

Thanks

Kaushik