cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot of characteristic values need to be assigned in the inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

For one characteristic master data we want to record multiple character . we are assigning in the inspection plan for many time. Is this a best way. Any best practice suggestion ?

Thanks

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

i think i have understood you wrongly. You have mentioned that you maintain it is short test characterisitic under one MIC. Please explain this for my knowledge

Regards

gajesh

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

This is fine if you donot want to get statistical analysis of each parameter like length,, width etc. Putting short text will not have any side effects.

Let me know how are u recording the data for the dimension. I mean how you differentiate which value is for length, widht etc

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh

We created master inspection characteristic( Dimension ) ( QS21 ).

Then we are assigning individual multiple short text characteristic in the inspection plan( QP01) under one inspection characteristic- dimension . What will be side effect of this.

Hope i am clear ., Sorry for the confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

When you expect long term analysis of behaviour / pattern / normal distribution of each characteristics like length, breadth, height , weight and width then you have to create individual MIC. From your explaination you are not intrested in such analysis but want to present a end result.

I will recommend to create Catalog (01 type) with attributes length ok, breadth ok, height ok, weight ok and width ok, length not ok, breadth not ok, height not ok, weight not ok and width not ok. Assign this catalog to Qualitative MIC Dimension. I hope in this way you can map your process

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which report you are referring ? All SAP standard reports are pulling from short text description( which we maintained in the inspection lot ) not from the master inspection characteristic description .

There is no such business requirement , what is the harm in it ? Do SAP have any best practice document or Any OSS notes ?

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

I think that it is not a fair process to maintain you dimension values. I would recommend you to create individual mic for length, breadth, width etc. If you maintain this all in one MIC how are u you going to analyse. you will not get any standard report working for any statistical analysis.

What is the idea behind putting all in one MIC? Let us know your issue for a better solution

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain in details ,We created master inspection characteristic( Dimension ) ( QS21 )and we want to check five values of characteristic. Such us length, breadth, height , weight and width . This we are assigning individual short test characteristic in the inspection plan( QP01) under one inspection characteristic- dimension . What will be side effect of this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please explain your query with example. I am not able to understand the nature of problem. Whether multiple Result Recording is not possible or Multiple MIC assignment is not possible ?/???

I am confused ....

Please write in detail

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

You may try Dependent Characteristic Specification in the Inspection characteristic of the Inspection Plan.

You can maintain Dependent Characteristic Specific for the task list using Material-task list assignment of the assigned material.

You can define this for Quant/Qual inspection characteristic wrt:

-Material

-Combination of material, vendor and customer

Hope this helps,

Regards,

RAVI.