cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize approval process in ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

In standard ChaRM scenario, the change manager will authorize the change and then different change transactions get created and processed. But if we want to have multiple people approve the change request, there is no standard configuration. The standard ChaRM will not allow multiple change manager exist in one change request. So here is:scenario

If I use partner function 'approved by' to allow multiple approvers in one change request, how can I configure the actions/status so that until all approvers authorize the change the change request can not go to next status?

SAP says ChaRM has customizable workflow. But I don't see where it is.

Any idea?

Thanks

Ming

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zhou,

To achieve this you must modify both Status profile and action profile for the transaction type SDCR. For example.

add statuses

1st approval

2nd approval

and then create actions to set these status defining conditions necessary. With the conditions you can restrict which actions are possible according to current status. With this you can restrict the authorize action when status is set to last approval.

regards,

Henry

Edited by: Henry Strange on Jun 10, 2009 10:32 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry

I think your answer is one of the better solutions. But this does not work for cases need parallel approval. I guess before solution manager moved to CRM 7.0, this is the best solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zhou

The standard SAP ChaRM uses method calls for it's actions but you also have the possibilty to trigger a workflow. Maybe this can help you. Another option is to define business partner functions for all approvers, in which case the change manager will only authorize after all necesarry approvers are registered on the partners tab under the Transaction Data tab.

Cheers,

Henry