cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS - stuck in export of change request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our Dev systems TMS has 'hung' in the export phase of a single small change request. I have rebooted the server, but TMS is still in export phase.

What control or log files do I need to repair to fix this?

Or do I need to repair the change request?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if the Background Job RDDIMPDP in client 000 is scheduled or not.

The Job RDDIMPDP should be scheduled with the user id DDIC in client 000.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can monitor the transport actions carried out in an SAP System using the log hierarchy, which has three levels, the different files are available in the /usr/sap/trans/log, the SLOG file is at the top of a 3-level log hierarchy for monitoring the transport activities of an SAP system. The ALOG file is in the second position and this records the individual return codes of all transport steps. The complete logs of the individual transport steps are in the third position.

u2022Level 1 File SLOG

This file gives an overall view of all imports running in the SAP System.

u2022Level 2 File ALOG

This file contains individual return codes for all the transport steps performed in the transport directory.

A short status report is also entered for each export or import carried out in the transport directory.

The ALOG file is therefore in the middle of a hierarchical display of all actions in the transport directory. First, there is the SLOG file that gives an overview of all imports for an SAP system, and finally there are the complete logs. There is a detailed log file for every ALOG entry.

u2022Level 3 Logs of the individual transport steps

-Besides regarding your current problem please refer : SAP Note 71353 - Transports hang during background steps.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try to rename or move this files to another directory.

Refer to note: 12746. Please ensure that there are no hung tp processes running at the OS level using command "ps -ef | grep tp" Kill these processes if any using the below command: "kill -9 <pid>"

Please also clear contents of transport tables TRBAT & TRJOB.

Before starting a transport, these tables must be empty.Delete the entryusing SM30/SM31.

Thank you,

Shyam