cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware key request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, could someone please generate a hardware key for me or explain how to obtain it? I am trying to install NetWeaver PI 7.1 ABAP+Java from an SDN subscription download. I have no existing SAP software installed.

SID: XID

Server: dev1

Instance: 00

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even though your license expires, if you restart your system the system will be fine for the first 20 mins of restart after that if a valid license is not found the system will go down.

so you can restart your system, go to visual admin->licensing adapter and find the hardware key there.

2. If you have installed a license before and it has expired as people suggested before you can type the command

saplicense -get to fetch the hardware key.

Thanks!

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have no response to this question. How do I generate a hardware key? Not a license key. I need the hardware key to request an SAP Solution Manager key for NW71.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as I gave you the links,

saplicense -get is the command to get the hardware key

Morever, hardware key is not required to get Solman key while installing a new system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

saplicense -get may be the command, but it is no where to be found in our installation media and we have no SAP software installed.

Where on the software distriubtion site can it be downloaded?

The Solution Manager license request requires a hardware key. The web page for requesting one returns an error if you do not provide it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are an SAP customer , open an oss message and they will provide you the solution manager installation keys. SAPLICENSE is used to get the sap license which can be installed using SLICNESE transaction ( easy ) or saplicense -install os level.

I am not sure about the SDN downloads but the that's the procedure for a real SAP installation.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

James

you are trying to install PI and you want Solman key, right ?

If yes, then the links are already given to you to either manage to get it from your colleagues who has solman system or put an OSS message. Solman key generation for a new system you are installing, doesn't require any hardware key when generated via Solman. OSS message will tell you the way if you donot have solman system.

and if you need to know the 'hardware key', then first of all, saplicense -get command will run after the installation, but since you didn't install anything yet, means, you donot have any sap system, then how can you get hardware key out of it/for it.

0 Kudos

Dear James,

Maybe this answer came too late, but I hope it may help other users in the Forum.

To determine the Hardware Key, in order to request the License Key for SAP Products, the best is check the SAP Note 174911 - Determining the hardware key (customer key).

Some people were also talking about the Solution Manager Key, this should be performed by checking the SAP Note 811923 - Generating the SAP Solution Manager key.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James

If you are asking about 'Solman key', then refer to the following link. As per rules, solman key can't be given via SDN forum, you have to install Solman or get together with any of your colleagues who have Solman installed

http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Generate_a_Solution_Manager_Key_with_T-code_SMSY_for_SAP_ECC_5....

If you are asking for 'hardware key', then at OS level, as user sidadm, run

slicense -get

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes hardware key. We are running Windows server. Where can I find slicense? Did that come with the DVDs? Or can it be downloaded? I can not find a disk for Solution Manager with our subscription.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James

my mistake, saplicense is the utility, not the slicense at os. SLICENSE is tcode at SAP level.

saplicense installation is the post installation step, so saplicense utility comes with installation itself, either it is Windows or Unix flavour, go to OS as sidadm user

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/a7/512ca2407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/a7/512ca2407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm