Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign 9amantnr to planning area in life cycle planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

..While doing the lifecycle planning .

1) i de-activated the planning object structure and assigned characteristic 9AMATNR to POS and again activated .then i went to basic settings .I entered the planning area ,selected basic settings radio button and i click execute .I defined basic settings successfully .

after that i tried to create like profile .i entered planning area and pressed like profle button and choosed 9amatnr .

In ref. value section i entered old product number or name and i given ' S' as a action and given 100 weighing factor .

here when i clicked adopt botton ..i am getting an error message ..The error message was " characterstic value 500 does not exist for characterstic 9AMANTNR"" .Please help me to slove this problem .??

2)How to assign 9Amatnr keyfingure to planning area in Lifecycle planning ???

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

kriss

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that is there any combination exists in PO with 9AMATNR value as 500 and

also provide me the message number which you are getting.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha ,

I really appreciated you .

yes ,The combinations exists in pos is

prod_location

prod_name

prod_brand and 9amatnr keyfugures ..i given prod_brand 500 as a ref .value .

and i am not getting any error number , i am getting only the error message:The error message was " characterstic value 500 does not exist for characterstic 9AMANTNR"" .

Even i tried giving different prod names and prod brands ...as a ref.value..but still getting the same error message..

thank you !

Kriss.

Edited by: kriss.m on May 5, 2009 12:18 AM

Edited by: kriss.m on May 5, 2009 12:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha ,

The Error message number is :SAP/APO/604.Can you help me ...

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message shouldn't be SAP/APO/604...the correct message is /SAPAPO/MA 604.

Generally system throws this message when there is no CVC combination exists in POS for the

mentioned product 500.In your case you said the CVC is already exist.So here the only possible cause of the error is due to leading zeros.I think in PO for this combination the product values stored with leading zeros ,but while maintaining the product in life cycle planning you are not using the leading zeros.

If this the case please use the same format as in POS.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunitha ,

U mean i need to maintain 00500 ?

So,shall i Check our setting in Spro for: Specify Output Format of Product Number.

Spro>APO..>master data-> Product--> Specify Output Format of Product Number

Thanks!

kriss

Edited by: kriss.m on May 5, 2009 10:51 PM

Edited by: kriss.m on May 5, 2009 11:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunitha !

I have a small doubt

yes ,you are right .In po for htis combination the product values stored wtih leading zeroes 500.but while maintaining the product in life cycle planning i am not using the leading zeros.

If this is the case .even i tried to entered product name :switches as a ref.value ...its showing the same error message:

characterstic value switches does not exist for characterstic 9AMANTNR"" .

I'd really appreciate to you sunitha ! taking out your time and helping .

Thanks!

Kriss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha ,

Today i re-checked the life cycle settings again.

Actually ,The combinations exists in pos is

prod_location

prod_name

prod_brand and

9Amantnr keyfigure added in pos for life cycle planning .we are adding the new product :Paper for 9amantnr keyfigure ..

In Basic settings i selected the characterstic 9AMANTNR and if i giving paper as a ref.valu ..it was successfully saving ..if i give brand valu 500 ..it was showing the error message :The error message was " characterstic value 500 does not exist for characterstic 9AMANTNR"" .

Even i treid to changed the charaterstic prod_brand in basic settings and i given the brand value 500 as a ref.valu .it was saving successfully .if i change the paper as a ref.valu ..it was showing the error messages:The error message was " characterstic value paper does not exist for characterstic Prod_brand""

Why it was playing ..can you pls suggest me something ..

Thanks!

Kirss.