cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Average Price need to be updated at all Plants, not just one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Cureny we have moving average prive on the Material Master updated in onlly one plant - the one that had activity on it.

Is there any configuration that it will be updated for ALL the plants for the same material?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

MAP is always calculated at valuation area level (i.e plant), so it is plant level.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok...i see that...

but, as I said, my requirement is to get it updated in all the plants at the same time. So, i'm assuming, there is no standard configuration for that, right?

But the requirement is still there....so, any suggestions on how to do it?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am really not sure, however, check OX14 transaction code to check whether valuation area is at plant level or company code level.

Regards,

Ravi

Program Help for your information.

Define valuation level

You define the valuation level by specifying the level at which material stocks are valuated. You can valuate material stocks at the following levels:

Plant level

Valuation must be at this level in the following cases:

If you want to use the application component Production Planning (PP) or Costing

If your system is a SAP Retail system

Company code level

The decision you make is valid for the whole client. You are recommended setting material valuation at plant level.

Important

Once set, it is not possible to switch the valuation level from plant to company code, or vice versa. If absolutely necessary to subsequently change the valuation level, contact your SAP consultant because a data conversion is required.

Your choice of valuation level affects the following:

Maintenance of material master records

Depending on the valuation level chosen, accounting data (in particular the valuation price) is maintained for each plant or for each company code in the material master record.

G/L accounts in which material stocks are managed

If material stocks are valuated at company code level, all plant stocks of a material are managed in a joint stock account for each company code.

If material stocks are valuated at plant level, the material stocks for each plant can be managed in different accounts. You can define a separate account determination for each plant.

If several plants are to use account determination, you can group them together in Customizing for Valuation and Account Assignment in the section Account Determination .

G/L accounts to which transactions are posted in Materials Management

Edited by: Ravi Sankar Venna on May 5, 2009 3:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I am reasearching on how critical for us is to change it, but it seems to me that it is better to leave it as is.

Answers (0)