cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Tax Jurisdiction Code defaulted from Plant but then overwritten by CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I had a question regarding defaulting the tax jurisdiction code. When using ME21N the tax jurisdiction code is defaulting from the value we have in the plant which is what we want. When I go and fill in the additional information that the PO needs to be saved (such as GL, Cost Center, etc.) it is overwriting the defaulted plant tax jurisdiction code and changing it to the Company Codes default jurisdiciton code. Is there a way to NOT have the company code value enter? I just want it to remain as the plant Tax jurisdcition code.

Thank you,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please read the OSS Note 501054 - FAQ: Taxes in purchasing

How is the tax jurisdiction code (tax jurisdiction code) determined in purchase orders?

Answer:

You activate the tax handling with tax jurisdiction codes in FI Customizing (transaction OBCO). In the standard system during the creation of a purchase order, the system consideres the following sources for the tax jurisdiction code: Reference item, request for quotation, contract, plant, the account assignment object. During this process, the system overwrites the respective preceding value in this list. If, for example, you have maintained a tax jurisdiction code with the account assignment object for a purchase order item, this entry "wins" as opposed to the entry in the plant table. Besides this, the tax jurisdiction code can be entered manually.

If you use the function from Note 493515, also the tax jurisdiction code from the delivery address can be taken into account (see below.).

There is more useful info in this note, as well for jurisdiction code

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_shrewsbury2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not mind business add-ins you could implement the following (from the IMG text for Adopt Tax Jurisdiction Code from Delivery Address):

Adopt Tax Jurisdiction Code from Delivery Address

Use

Application components: MM-PUR-PO-GUI, MM-PUR-GF-TAX

Function group: MEPO

The Business Add-In (BAdI) ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS provides you with

additional functionality to determine the tax jurisdiction code in

purchase orders. At item level, the tax jurisdiction code maintained in

the delivery address can be used for tax calculation purposes.

There is more to the description if you wish to investigate further.

Regards