cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in a client location implementing Workflows of different modules and one of my customers ask me you do not have games in SAP. I was first a bit stunned and then he said man sometimes you get bored to work in SAP and suppose you are working in remote location without internet access it is pathetic. I was speechless and I could not provide them any answers. I was was trying to telearn new things in SAP but they were not willing to listen. Do you have any ideas to answer this:)))?

Thanks

Arghadip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if your talking about actual games...but sure we have some in ABAP -;)

[ABAP Games on WIKI|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Community/ABAP+Games]

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe SAP should think seriously about including some sort of games like monopoly to better illustrate its capabilities of procurement handling , supply chain functionalities for a lay user. It will give another dimension to the product.

Alvaro thanks for the link it sure is interesting

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alvaro (blag) and Marcelo Ramos have created a few "games". We leave that to our community.

And in terms of simulations or games, you might want to look at the wiki space for BPX community projects. There are some very interesting simulations by Dick Hirsch and Owen Pettiford on the business side as well as a "live game" the Process Design Slam. You are welcome to suggest a topic and "play".

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recall years ago, on a big IBM Mainframe, running MVS, the sysops had coded an entire "Colossal Caves" type adventure game...

And Christmas Eve 1999, things were a bit slow, so I wrote an animated "hunt the sub" game in ABAP. Sorry - don't have the source code any more.

I do have some ABAP for drawing mandlebrot sets in the SAPGui. I've had it since 2000, but haven't tried it anywhere other than my original implementation.

matt