cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Cycle Counting Process

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you please tell me Cycle Counting process in WM. Below is the process from what I have studied. Please correct if any mistakes.

1. LT22 Display Open TOs

2. LT12 Confirm the Open TOs

3. LS12 Block Storage Type

4. LX26 Create CC Document

5. LX22 Inventory Overview

6. LI03n Display Inventory Document

7. LI04 Print Warehouse Inventory List

8. LI11n Enter Count Results

9. LI12n Change Cycle Count Results

10. LI14 Recount

11. LI20 Clear Diffenences at WM level

12. LI21 Clear Diffenences at IM level

I am little bit NOT clear in the final step... why to do LI21. Also some info from FI clearance will be helpful too.

Thanks in Advance.

KIT.

-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please following is the process

1.Create inventory doc. LI01N

2.Enter inventory count LI11n

3.Histroy of inventory count LI13N

4.LI20-Clear difference at WM level

5.LI21-Clear difference at IM level

Once you clear WM stock from LI20 then the IM stock will get cleared through LI21.By this system will be in synch.

Regards,

Prashant

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why u are using the complicated process for physical inventory in WM/MM.U can remove the

cyclecounting indicator in material master.U can maintain the frequency in a excel sheet.After counting

it physically u can alawys adjust thro MB11 using 711&712 movement type thro which the adjustment

can be made according to the counting done.The adjustment will be done in MM& WM at the same

time.This is what we are doing in real time.

regards

murugan

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question was cycle counting process in WM .I have answered the same

Whatever you are mentioning is the manual one.

Hope you understand.

Regards,

Prashant

abhijit_sadhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The process you have outlined is correct. Here steps 1-3 are the preparatory for initiating a cycle count.

For details you can refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f8406c4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regarding LI21:

Since the inventory in a WM managed Sloc is "always supposed to" be in-sync with IM, once you carry out the inventory at the WM level and you enter / clear off inventory differences in WM only, your storage bin / quant level data gets updated, however you haven't as yet told the system how it should reconcile the updated data ( happened as a result of WM inventory clearance) to tie / match up with inventory in IM (at the Sloc level) . LI21 is what will do this for you. Hence sequentially, you carry out clearing in WM first and then do the clearing in IM as well. Now, since WM changes reflect/update the data finally at the IM level, so when you carry out WM inventory clearing (LI20) this will update system "only on the bin level" NO FI docs are posted at this point.. And now when you go ahead and carry out the IM clearing, this is where the actual stock level changes will be carried out and you will also get a material document and a FI document posted as well.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Abhijit.

But after LI20, when trying to do LI21, I am getting the message " Clearing only from storage types with no placement or removal strategy" and could NOT proceed further. How to close the cycle/process by doing Inventory at IM level.

Please let me know what the problem is...Am I missing any configuration setting..??

Thanks,

KIT

-

0 Kudos

I think I got it..ie., Why I was unable to do LI21 or process at IM level..because the Differences posting should be done to Storage Type 999 NOT to the storage Type in which WM Inventory is counted (which could be storage type - 001 or 005 or 100 or 500, etc.)

-

-

Choose Logistics ® Logistics Execution ® Internal Whse Processes ® Physical Inventory ® In Warehouse Management ® Clear Differences ® Inventory Management.

Enter the warehouse number and interim storage type for inventory differences.

In the standard system, storage type 999 is set up as the interim storage area for inventory differences.

Choose Program ® Execute.

The system displays a list of difference items that are planned for clearing to Inventory Management.

Select the bins that you want to clear.

Choose Clear or Save to post the differences from the WMS to Inventory Management (MM-IM).

The system displays a list of all material documents created.

-

-

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why u are using the complicated process for physical inventory in WM/MM.U can remove the

cyclecounting indicator in material master.U can maintain the frequency in a excel sheet.After counting

it physically u can alawys adjust thro MB11 using 711&712 movement type thro which the adjustment

can be made according to the counting done.The adjustment will be done in MM& WM at the same

time.This is what we are doing in real time.

regards

murugan