cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Location Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When running a location heuristic in SNP planning book, I'm getting the error message "Maximum number of orders per period reached". I clicked on the message an it took me back to the menu screen.

Any ideas what I need to check to correct this issue?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Goto apo customisation under the menu, spro > sap guide > apo > supply chain planning > snp > basic settings > maintain global snp settings > Heu Orders per bucket , here enter the desired value

This parameter is used by the SNP heuristic. It defines the maximum number of orders that the system is permitted to create in a bucket (time period). The default setting is 40 orders.

You can use this setting to prevent too many orders being created in liveCache due to incorrect master data. Incorrect master data could be fixed lot size values that are too low, for instance.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend NOT to change the Global SNP parameter settings as it affects the whole planning system, instead please change the lot size parameters in the product master. Either go for Lot for Lot or increase the Fixed lot size value if the you have mainatined the Fixed lot size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Global settings and lotsize resolved my issue. Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Tom

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Also check if you have maintained Fixed lot size in the product master. In that case give a higher value and make a try.

Regards

BVN