cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Center & Equipment in PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please help me to understand the differrence between the workcenter(T-code : IR01) & Equipment(T-code : IE01) from PM perspective .............

Is the work center is PM is differrent from what we have in PP .............

Regards

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Equipment is the assest in the manufacturing plant ,

Workcenter is a machine which performs for producing the material ,you can maintain a machine as equipment or as well as workcenter

if you want to capture the cost ,perform maintenance activties and track the maintenance you have to create as equipment ,orelse you can maintain it has workcenter and use the same in PP module

regards

thyagarajan

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

As I understand from your reply ........if we want to perform the following activities viz.cost ,perform maintenance activties and track the maintenance etc ...then we need to create as equipment else we can carry on with the work center than is maintained earlier in PP module .......

Please suggets me whether I am correct in absorbing the differrence between the two ............

Regards

Kaushik

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Your observation is correct ,work center can be a machin or group of maching or person or group of person ,which is divided by main workcenter and performing work center which you specify inthe operation details .

if you want to keep the history card for the same then you have to create an equipment master record .

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (0)