cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OutOfMemoryError

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been successful in running jobs to pull user data from couple of databases. Now I have created another job to pull user data and create privileges from the Sharepoint server. I am getting the below error:

04.05.2009 11:44:28 :I:Initializing custom pass ToIDStore: Sharepoint_priv_pass - To Identity store

04.05.2009 11:44:28 :X:Opening connection to: jdbc:sqlserver://serverxxx105:port;databasename=mxman_xx;user=mxman_xx;password=

04.05.2009 11:44:29 :X:Opened connection to database jdbc:sqlserver://----

04.05.2009 11:44:29 :X:JDBC driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver Version 1.2.2828.100

04.05.2009 11:44:29 :X:Database server: Microsoft SQL Server Version 9.00.4035

04.05.2009 11:45:35 :E:Unhandled Error in DSERuntime

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

04.05.2009 11:45:35 :X:Execution completed in 68.111 seconds.

04.05.2009 11:45:35 :I:Exit with code: 3

I am not sure where in IDM i have to increase the Heapsize. I have worked with SAP java servers and we can increase Xmx value for the server node but in case of IDM..i think its dispatcher? but still i cant figure out where..

Please could somebody help!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Sarvanan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so pass 1 is a From LDAP to a MS SQL 2005 table

you are then doing a to identity store pass and trying to assign all users a privilege.

That's what you want to do, sounds like your pass is trying to create 21000 privs.Which should not be a problem but it probably is not what you want to do here.

your 2nd pass should be a to identity store pass as you've iindicated that should march all the users up with their existing identity storee entries and then assign the mskey of the sharepoint privilege to the users's mskeyvalue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of pass is this? What type of database?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Its a MS SQL Server 2005.

I have created a pass1 to load all the Sharepoint users from the Active Directory. All the 21000 users are loaded fine into the temp table on IDM DB. Now i've created a pass2 to create privilege (MX_PRIVILEGE) in IC and this is where i get the OutOfMemory Error.

So in Pass2, SOURCE - select all sharepoint users from temp table Destination - Entry Type: MX_PRIVILEGE and mskeyvalue : PRIV:XXXXXXXX

Thanks and Regards,

Sarvanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvanan,

could you please provide

1) OS with Bit version

2) Java path used in IC MMC Options.

anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your response.

1) OS with Bit version

- Windows 2003 server 32 bit.

2) Java path used in IC MMC Options.

In the ...\SAP\IC\Service-Scripts - Dispatcher_Service_idm_101.prop file I see

DSECLASSPATH=%DSE_HOME%/java/DSE.jar:%DSE_HOME%/java:E:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver
sqljdbc_1.0
enu
sqljdbc.jar

and

JDBCDRIVERS=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver;com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver;com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB;org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver;sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver;oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver;COM.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarvanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know JDK version and the path that is provided in IC MMC ->Tools->options.

regards

Anand.M

Edited by: I032621 on May 6, 2009 12:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Path - E:\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\java.exe

Thanks to let me know whr to look.

Cheers,

Sarvanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

IS this JRe version supported by sap.Please check the sap notes whether this JRe version is supported by sap or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

The error is being shown as java heap .So why dont you check the JVM parameters as mentioned in the note 723909.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

That note would tell you as to how much the heap size needs to be set.Please go through the note and follow the instructions as you will need to change in config tool.Please check whether this JRE version is supported by sap or not.