cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which way is Better to create Xcelsuis dashboard, Live ofc or QaaWS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our project requirment is to create the Xcelsuis Dashboards based on SAP BW data.

So we need to decide which is the best way to create Dashboard in Xcelsuis,

We have following 2 Options for that:

1) Create the WebIntelligence document and include that in Live Office and Create the Xcelsuis on it.

2) Use QaaWs to develope Xcelsuis Dashboard.

Can any one suggest me the Pros and Cons of Bothe the ways?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now you can use Xcelsius SP2, with direct connection to SAP NW.

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009620732009E/cx2008sp2.zip

Best Regards,

Marcel

Edited by: Marcel Below on Aug 18, 2009 3:02 PM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

- QaaWS is always a live connection against the source (BW)

- Live Office allows you to leverage Crystal Reports (BW and ERP) and web Intelligence (BW) as a source and it also allows you to leverage instances or a bursted report as source which is helpful in cases where you need strong performance

- for NW BW there will also be a new direct connectivity for Xcelsius towards Q4 this year

Ingo

0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

please consider that in the upcoming version of XCelsius it should be possible to get data directly out of your BW system without having to use LiveOffice. I am not aware of an official release date though.

As far as I know LiveOffice is the recommended way to get data out of an SAP BI universe. One of the pros of this solution is that you can work with schedule reports and avoid creating load on your backend system.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , The QaaWS is the most recommnded method for Dashboard creation with SAP BI as a backend Databse.

- A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution you should use depends on factors like architecture of environment, ease of usabiltiy/consumption, stability, robustness and scalability. Both the methods have their pros & cons.

- Create the WebIntelligence document and include that in Live Office and Create the Xcelsuis on it.

This method will provide better compatiblity in your architecture environment and scalability but may tend to induce stability and usability issues due to multiple product/technologies involved.

- Use QaaWs to develope Xcelsuis Dashboard.

This is a simpler way to achieve the desired result and consume it but its fit in environment and scalability could be a challenge.

These are my views. Feel free to research and judge to find and incorporate a solution.

Regards,

Subhodeep