Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI to IDOC scenario

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Actually the problem was when i try to execute the scenario i am getting only one value at the target end i.e at IDOC side..

when i tried to check the occurence it is fine and the for the segments in IDOC i have given a constant 1 is to be changed and for the Header i have mapped empty constant value.

regards

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assuming your TS and all segments contain line item data, and the occurance is more than 1 time. In that case map your line item in 846 struc to TS.

So depending on the number of line items occur, that many times your TS will occur,

Hope this helps

Thanks

SG

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please elaborate a little more.

Thanks

SG

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am doing 846 scenario in which i am getting the input as edi file and the target was IDOC.

In 846 TS segment we have product id with quantity as line items, in which the edi file coming has multiple line items where i need to map to the IDOC-- for some EDK segment where in this for the header i have mapped constant to EDK and constant 1 to segment which is under EDK ..

now its not allowing multiple line items by the idoc & it is handling only a single line item

how to handle this multiple lines..

regards

Kishore

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Do NOT map a constant to the EDKXXX segment.

Instead, you should map the line item segment in your 846 structure to the EDKXXX segment.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Actually in 846, TS segment is handling the multiple lines and under TS we have many segments which has further subsegment

ex: ISA IDOC:

ST EDIXXX

GE

TS -- So these TS segment handles multiple line segments EDKXXX -- Mapped Empty Const

LIN Segment -- Constant 1

LIN02

Group1 EDKXXX -- Empty Constant

Product ID Segment -- Constant 1

Group 7 PARTN -- Product ID

Quantity

Quantity Unit EDKXXX -- Empty Constant

Quantity Description Segment -- Constant 1

Quantity

regards,

Kishore

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please use duplicate the idoc segment where in you want multiple and try to test.

Regards,

Chandra.