Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

depreciation calculation after acquistion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can you please explain following issue:

Monthly depreciation of an Asset is -7031u20AC. This asset will be fully depreciated in 08/2009.

In 04/2009 we did acquistion in amount of +863u20AC. In asset explorer / posted values we have plan depr. amount at 21076u20AC in month 08/2009. Can someone advise why is this so? Why positive depr. amount, and why in 8th month?

Thank you!

screens here: [link|http://www.picupine.com/c8dbf90x ]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please regard SAP note 92260, which is most probably the explanation if you use the old depreciation calculation. This functional problem was one of the reasons why the new depreciation calculation was developed.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no such option as EA-FIN is not activated.

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul and Markus

I changed period control method in depr. key. for acquisition to "06". The calculation seems be ok now.

One more question on you: When I change usefull life i.e. from 10 to 20 years on asset, why I become negative depreciation in the month of change? The next months planned depreciation are shown correctly(half amounts of depreciation as UL was doubled). Is this the same case with depr. key and period control method ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The depreciation calculation is based on a fiscal year, when you change the use full live, it will make in the first depreciation run a correction for the old months in that fiscal year.

When you have activated EA-FIN and you click 2 times on the depreciation area you can create a new tome interval and in that I think it is doing what you expect

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look to your depreciation key and what it is doing after the use full live.

When you say that the depreciation is 10 % a year use full-live 20 years (negative values allowed) and you say in the key that after the use full live that the depreciation should be full deprecated you can get these situations)