cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms configuration..doc..plz..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I searched in number of websites regarding adobe forms configuration. But, I am not able to find exact document which guides the configuration.

May be there is a thread in SDN which I missed out :-(.

My requirement is, I am working on ECC5.0 system, I want to know following things:

1. Is it possible to work on adobe forms in ECC5.0?

2. What are all the required softwares for the adobe forms except adobe life cycle designer?

3. What are the configurations that I need to do from Java front & ABAP front?

Kindly do suggest me and provide me the links if possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Phani Shankar.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

This resource -> [SAP INTERACTIVE FORMS BY ADOBE|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/adobe] has all you need.

On the right of the page there you will see the link to the FAQ on the topic.It has exact answers to your questions (1) and (2).

And in the middle of the same page (not of the FAQ, but previous) there's a link to "Installation And Configuration". You will find extensive configuration guide there.

Btw, regarding your question (1) Arafat is not quite correct. ECC 5.0 is based on NetWeaver 2004 (aka WebAS 6.40) which contains Adobe Interactive Forms. At the same time, if you have an option of installing fresh NetWeaver 7.0 (or even better - NW 7.0 EHP 1) - your first experience of the solution will be better - cause otherwise you have to patch it thoroughly to get more or less stable system.

Regards,

Petr Perstnev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Below are answers to your questions:

1. Is it possible to work on adobe forms in ECC5.0?

NO. Adobe forms are only supported for ESS MSS BP

2. What are all the required softwares for the adobe forms except adobe life cycle designer?

*You need Adobe reader for opening forms and ADS for rendering the Interactive forms on server *

3. What are the configurations that I need to do from Java front & ABAP front?

You need to configure ADS on server to run Interactive forms. This can be done on Java/ABAP stack.

Below is the link for Configuration guide:

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

After installation of adobe life cycle designer I can see and activate adobe designer layout in SFP transaction of my ECC5.0 system.

Where as when I try to execute it, its genrating an error message saying "SOAP exception".

I created ADSUSER ,ADSAGENT user ids too in my system with help of basis person. But when I try to execute ADS rfc connection from SM59 its getting failed.

In the configuration guide, they are talking about Visual administrator, what is that and where should download the same.

Though SFP transaction is available in ECC5.0 why I am not able to execute and configure ADS settings. Please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Adobe Document Services (server part of Adobe Interactive Forms solution) is not running within ABAP part of NerWeaver, but within JAVA (J2EE) instance. And ABAP just consumes it as Web-service.

So to install, configure and run it you need not just ABAP stack, but ABAP+JAVA (dual stack) or separate ABAP and JAVA instances. When you install J2EE you receive Visual Administrator as part of it (so it is not downloaded separately).

For more details use SAP Libarary and Installation and Configuration guides for J2EE and Adobe.

Regards,

Petr Perstnev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

You can find the detailed process of configuring the ADS in this doc:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001683532004E

Also for SOAP exception you can try below:

Contact your system administrator and ask them to check or correct the details for target device, service znumber and path prefix in the RFC connection (transaction SM59).

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat