cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a new track: User not authorized to log into build server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I just built an NWDI system on NW7.0 SP18. I followed the instructions to tune Oracle 10g 10.2.0.2 then ran the all-in-one setup wizard and connected OK to my central SLD.

Then I configured a domain, no problem. Next I created a software component, product in my central SLD.

Now I am ready to create a track, But I am having a problem.

I am able to connect to my SLD, and pull down the new component/product I created. And I am able to connect to my dev system to create a runtime connection to SDM/JSPM, etc. No problem....

The problem is when I try to SAVE the new track, I get this error:

CBS (URL http://:50000/tc.CBS.Appl/archiveapi2/) authorization exception: User not authorized to log into build server. ( Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://:50000/CBSWebService/CBSHttpSOAP?style=rpc"

I have more detailed error in the default trace but it basically says the same thing. I'm confident I have setup all the correct roles in the UME. I have the NWDI.ADM role which has the action to create a track.

I started looking at the webservice:

http://:50000/CBSWebService/CBSHttpSOAP?style=rpc"

When I try to test it via webpage...I first login, click "Test", then pick a operation, but when I execute it, I get this:

CBSWebService

Authorization

The selected endpoint requires basic authentication which is wrong or missing. Please, enter correct username and password:

I have to log in again for it to work. I know there must be some setting in the visual admin. I have looked all around the service "Web services Container" and "Web services Security" but nothing is jumping out at me

I'm really not sure if this is my problem, but I think I am close.

Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks for reading my message. Any tips would be much appreciated.

--NICK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems to be CBS authorization missing for making changes. check with your privileges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti,

I already have Administrator, NWDI.Administrator, CBS.Administrator & JDI.Administrator. What else am I missing ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti,

I checked that right away, I also have all the nwdi, administrator privs. That does not seem to be the problem. I also have opened a msg to sap and am awaiting a response which I will post....

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem solved when I added role NWDI_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR via SOLMAN R/3

Regards

martin_weber2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

I have set up a some NWDIs and never had this Problem until today. I crosschecked the users in the working NWDIs and couldn't find any difference. I also looked for the NWDI_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR Role but couldn't find the role, not in SLD and not in NWDI.

What could be a possible Solution?

Thanks for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Martin,

I meant to close this thread out because SAP helped me find a solution.

So basically, what I have done is change the password on the NWDI system for the NWDI_CMSADM

user. Now the password exactly matches the same as the NWDI_CMSADM ID on the system which has my SLD.

I tried creating a track again and THAT WORKED!!

I hope this helps you.

--NICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

I am having similar problem. Please post if the problem has been resolved. As of now, I am still waiting reply from SAP. Likewise, I'll post once I receive solution from SAP.

Regards