Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in SNRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In SNRO TCode,When User Clicked on Number Ranges.

He is getting the error as 'You are not authorized to use this function'.

When we checked on SU53 dump,it is not showing any error.

Kindly help me to find the problem.

Regards

Karthika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

Please take a look at oss note 1109298. Depending on your release level, this may be caused by a program error.

Thanks - Matt

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

Please take a look at oss note 1109298. Depending on your release level, this may be caused by a program error.

Thanks - Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the user role and verify if the user has access to the Number range Object in the Auth object S_NUMBER and Auth Field NROBJ.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Same type of error is faced by another user also.

User has given required authorization in S_NUMBER Object, still the error persists.

There is any other to solve the problem.Kindly help.

Regards

Karthika

Edited by: SAP_Karthika on May 5, 2009 7:53 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

In entrire roles(s) please make sure that you have only one entry of s_number object with one authorization. I had a problem where a consultant has many number of authorizations for S_NUMBER object with different values. Later I converted to only entry which worked.

Regards,

Gowrinadh C

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this scenario activate the trace(st05) for that user.Then check which authorization object is affected .Then give the authorization as required.

In your case when you activate the trace for the user you will find the authorization object as khan said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

Please turn on ST01 trace for u201Cauthorization checku201D and then run the transaction.

This will show you what authorization is missing.

You can filter for the specific user if needed.

Hope this helps!

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

>He is getting the error as 'You are not authorized to use this function'.

and

>When we checked on SU53 dump,it is not showing any error.

When I encounter stuff like this, I do a code scan for the pattern "SY-UNAME" (you can ask a developer to do this with you if you are not familiar with it).

Alternately, obtain the message number and search for it in the code and take a look at what is going on (or, in some cases, what they have done...).

Also check transactions CMOD and SMOD for any modifications related to number ranges.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: This is assuming the SAP note already provided above was not the cause for your release and SP level.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on May 5, 2009 10:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even we faced the same problem, we just deleted the profile and regenerated. This is just a workaround.

Thanks,

Karthik