cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot see fields in datasource after creating user exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a view from table and then created a generic datasource from this view. aftre that i appended the extract structure with my key figures (3 fileds) and then populated it by user exit. Now i can see that data is being extracted by user exit( in debug mode), but i dont see the fields in the datasource.

What am i doing wrong,

Please help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you dont see the fields in ROOSFIELD then dont write the code.

Have you activated the append structure. Dont goto the

datasource via RSO2. Goto RSA6 -> datasource -> edit and you should be able to see the newly added fields.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I have activated the appended structure. I went to RSA6 and click on edit button and then i see all the other fields except the the three new added fields.

From RSA6 if i double click on the datasource and then in extractstruc box then i all the way down i see the append strcuture and the three fields that I have added.

Thanks for giving all the advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In case the previous post did not work check whether you have the entries for the fields (newly added) in the table ROOSFIELD for your datasource.

You may need to write a small ABAP program to resolve your issue:

To resolve your poblem you would need to write a small ABAP program:

tables ROOSFIELD.

Update ROOSFIELD set SELECTION = 'X' where 
OLTPSOURCE = '<your datasource name>' and 
FIELD = '<field which is hidden/missing>'.

Execute the program for each of the field and check the entries in RSO2.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Yes I dont see my fields in ROOSFIELD.

Where should i write the code, like where should i include that code.?

Can you explain more detail,

Thanks,

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

i tried append structure and activate it,

and go to rso2 and i can see the new fields added with 'hidden' and 'fields only' marked.

so i think still we can go with rso2.

Raj, how do you add the append structure ?

rso2, in datasource screen, double click the extract structure and click 'append structure' ? and fields with prefix ZZ, and activate, then go to rso2, and edit the datasource you should see the new fields added.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP,

When i go to RSO2 and then double click on the extract structure, it takes display structure screen if i click on append structure. It shows me the name of the append structure and says active. If i double click on that I see all my three fields.

Nay more suggestion.

Thanks

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

RSO2 and type in your datasource name, and click 'change',

in next screen click 'Save' (don't click 'edit').

hope this helps.

• if still didn't get the new fields, you may try just delete the datasource and create again a new one with same name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP,

Sorry to reply late, the system was down for some reason. It still didnt work, I will try the last option you suggested and will keep you guys psoted.

Again thanks for all your help.

Today I created the first user exit and I was happy and your posts and advices have been a lot of help.

Dinesh thanks for your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Goto RSA6 -> Select the datasource -> Edit. Uncheck the hidden checkbox.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thats the issue I am facing when i go to rsa6 edit datasource, I cant see the fields that i have appended in the extract structure.

Can you think of something else I might be missing.

thanks

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

make sure the new added fields are not mark as 'hidden',

rso2, change the datasource, locate the new added fields, and check if column 'hidden' is marked, remove the checkmark and save datasource again.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AHP,

The issue I am facing is basically i dont see the fields in datasource. In rsa6 if i double click on datasource i dont see my fields there too, if i double click on the extract strcuture then you see the appended fields. I dont know what I am missing?

If i go to rso2 as per still i dont see my fields in the list. ( I also thought the same thing first to see if they are marked hidden). But i just dont see them.

Thanks a lot

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

try rso2, type in datasource, 'edit',

in next screen, click 'save' (F7), you will see the new fields, 'save' again.

hope this helps.