Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding output types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am creating a new o/p type to trigger an e-mail when the PO is created.

For this I have assigned transmission medium '5' to my o/p type. But the email is not trigerring.

Can you please guide me as to what all steps are needed to configure an email functionality.

I have already assigned the o/p type to a procedure. Condition records and access sequence are also defined.

Regards,

Ruchi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

See if your system is configured for E-Mail in Transaction Code: SCOT

Hi Ruchi,

You can use this Procedure.

Transaction SOST will hold the emails/faxes. It's like a spool file. You can view facsimiles of them and (if your system is configured properly) you can actually dispatch them so that they go to the fax or email destination they hold.

Check this strategy also:

You need to create communication starategy and assign it to the communication medium at the condition record maintanace editor.I assume you are trying to send external mail.

you need to save the addresses and communication methods in central address management. Select Tools ® Business Communication, Office ® Addresses ® External Companies/Contact Person.

Thanks & Regards,

YJR.

Message was edited by: YJR

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

Please check this link to configure SAP 4.6x Internet mail Gateway. Perhaps you may need BASIS help.

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapbs035.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YJR/Ferry,

Thanks for ur quick response.

I have seen the link mentioned by u and checked the settings in SCOT transaction, mail is sent to external mail id so that configuration is fine.

Now the problem lies with how I am linking this e-mail to my o/p type.

I have a communication strategy defined too. Though I have not saved any addresses and methods in Central Address Management, because I need to take the e-mail ID at runtime for EKPO-AFNAM. I am using the standard FM to send the mail.

Please let me know if I am wrong in using the standard FM and we have some other way to go for it.

TIA

Ruchi