cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift definition implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to implement shift definition as new functionality as per client requirement. Existing work center data is maintained with shift time as start time, break and end time. Also no of individual capacity.

Now with above master data setting client has work for past 2 yrs. Now they want to implement shift definition with shift sequence.

My query is while implementing shift, what to do with exiting open data like production order, capacity etc.

What are the step follow to implement the same. Plz suggest.

Regds,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can implement the shifts by definig the shift sequence as per the client requirement in SPRO.

Assign the shift sequence to your respective work cneters.

I do not forsee any cvhange requirted in the existing open orders.

Pl. go ahead.

If you any issue in definig shift sequence pl. revert.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

Thanx for the reply. My doubt still with existing open transaction i can do all settings in spro.

I knw how to define shift definition and sequence and assignment of the same in work center.

But after assigning same in work center, it would not affect the exiting production order data.

My understanding is after implementing this it will work for new production order. Is it right?

Plz suggest.

Regds,

Rajesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes right but if you do the read PP master data in production order then it will apply to existing order which are in CRTD or REL status.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally shift sequence will not get affect for the existing orders.

If you have doubt, Pl. relese the orders.

This is the master data . Any chnages in master data will not affect the released orders.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Thanks a lot for replies.

Regds,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Case 1; Your understanding is absolutely correct. The changes that you bring in now would be into effect with the date of implementation. So all the existing open orders would be working in the old system of shift. All the orders created from the date of implementation would be having the new definition of shift.

Now case 2 is the capacity. If all your workcenters are having infinite capacity, you are not going to have any problem in Capacity at alll... Now the realy problem is when you have some or all of these workcenters as finite capacity from the effective date of shift change.

In this case, you can have 2 plans

Plan A) Wait till all old orders are closed in the system (You cannot have proper capacity planning output till such time). At the same time keep collecting the capacity data for new orders. So you can have your capacity requirements and planning in place only after all the old orders are closed.

Plan B) Migrate all the data required for capacity planning for the old orders, so that you can have an up to date system. But this is a herculean task as you need to post status of all your open orders...

So just think about it before you go with your plan... I would rather convince client for plan A...

regards

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasana,

Thanks for reply.

Regds,

Rajesh

Answers (0)