cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have done MM and very much new to WM. Can anybody help me out by answering these questions ?-

1) We do MIGO against Po . After that how the steps of WM starts? Like we receive material in plant a , storage a1 with movement type 01. Now how this material will be placed in warehouse?

2) What we have to create inside warehouse and what are the important fields to be filled in material masters wm1 & wm2?

Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the Plant/Sloc combination is W/H Managed , Assign Plant/Sloc to W/H number in Enterprise structure

Then based on the Search strategy settings in SPRO >Logistics Execution>Warehouse Management>

system will pick the appropriate storage to place the material

Refer the link for complete flow

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/34/72369adc56d11195100060b03c6b76/frameset.htm

Regards

Amuthan M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going through the SAP help will provide complete insight on how WM workd.

After the quantity is received into IM.Interim storage areas are used to act as a bridge between MM-IM and WM.The goods received will be placed in the Interim area from where a TR>TO is created.and then placed into a WM storage bin on the confirmation of the TO.Also IM-WM reference movement types are used for all the activity between IM-WM.It requires a lot of configuration which I do not think would be easy to post here.Please go through SAP help it will give you a good idea.

Regards

Kiran V Yarlagadda