cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix line selection and multiple line selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hello All:

I am doing a function which user will be able to select single or multiple line from data in a existing matrix, and those data will be added to something. But the requirement is for

1. selecting lines by click on any part of the line which are not editable and the line selction will be automatically toggle on and off.

2. Possible to select multiple lines without using the Ctrl or Shift key.

I went though the forum and the help files. Didn't see anything. Can anyone help please/ This is for SBO 2005 SDK SP01. Thank You!</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can Somebody help me with the row(0) (header row) click event handling? Please! Thank You!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Try using setting the BubbleEvent to false.

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peña:

Again, thank you very much for you help! However when I try to exist out (or break) in my C# case event handling senario. The selection still do the same thing! When I click on the row(0) or the title row. The matrix still select everything in the whole column, and if I select on the column(0) for the side column. The column will again deselect all other selection and only select that particular row... Am I doing something wrong here? Appreciate your response!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peña:

Again, thank you for your advice. the way I tried was catch pVal.ColUID and with that use the

if (oMatrix.IsRowSelected(pVal.Row) == true)

{

oMatrix.SelectRow(pVal.Row,false,true);

}

else

{

oMatrix.SelectRow(pVal.Row,true,true);

}

break;

And that's actually give me the option to multiple selection of the rows without holding shift key. But one problem I have right now is actually how to make the ROW0 and Column0 act nothing when click on. I can capture the event using both pVal.ColUID(0) or pVal.Row(0). But what should I put in these handler? If I simply leave it blank it still do the thing it do but it also locks up the application. I can disable the column or row. Nor do I want to select or unselect anything when I click on them.. Is there anything that would just disable it automatically? Thank You!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

What I would do is, after that code, if it is the row OR column 0, Exit Sub.

This will make the selection code only to be executed on the other rows and columns.

I don´t think trying to disable any of them is a good option.

Hope helps,

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You!! But I am very new at this. Is there anyway that you can provide me with some kind of sample code of this? or point me to the right direction where I might find one! Thank You!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- You should handle click event on any column except the 0, and then simulate a click on column 0. This should do the trick.

2- In the click event you should use the Ctrl modifier, and it should act like you say.

Hope helps,

Ibai Peñ