Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full text search in web dynpro components or views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

I guess this is a newbie question:

Is there a way to do full text search on the source code of methods within an abap web dynpro component (i.e. component controller) or a view?

I know that you can search on the code of a method if you are inside the method. However, I am looking for something to search on the whole controller.

I hope that I was just too stupid to find it...

Thanks in advance

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Go to your Workbench Settings (Utilities->Settings). Go to the Web Dynpro Tab. Uncheck the Method-Based Editor. Then the entire source code for all methods of a controller will be displayed in one editor window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Chris

Edited by: Christoph Mangold on May 4, 2009 3:41 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dirk_boller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to perform a search through all objects (different windows/views) of a WebDynpro Component, you may write a little program.

The code can be found in the table WDY_CTLR_COMPO, column CODE_BODY. Here you have a String field with your whole own code. There a different lines in WDY_CTLR_COMPO for one WebDynpro Component. One for every view, window, the component itself and the Component controller.

So write a program with the Component name as select option and then select all the lines and analyse the CODE_BODY columns.

dirk_boller
Explorer

I found a much easier solution. Use the class

CL_WDY_WB_NAMING_SERVICE, method

GET_CLASSNAME_FOR_COMPONENT.

With this method, you get the generated class of a WebDynpro Component. With the classname you receive, go to SE24 and you can perform a fulltext search through the whole class, containing all views and windows!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here comes the follow-up:

Now I have two tabs named "Methods" and "Implementation" in my controller. Is there a way to jump from a method name (in the methods tab) directly to its implementation (in the implementation tab)? Or is this the downside of disabling the "method-based editor" mode?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As a matter of personal preference I only ever use the method based editor unless I need to do a search or copy and paste between two or more methods. As I don't spend much time in the full source editor, I perhaps don't know it as well as someone who works in it all the time. I didn't find a way to navigate from method list to implementation section; but that might just be my inexperience with the alternative view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think this is possible yet, we can just search on the code inside the method .

Radhika.