Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

employee cost in project

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

In my project employees salary is one the cost component. i m using cats for cost booking to project. now the problem which i m facing that how to come to the per hour cost of an employee . v r emplementing hr but not payroll. now in hr i saw info type 07 and 08 where we can see the plan working hour for the month and salary of the employee. can i calculate the the per hour cost based on these 2 info type in HR. Is there any standard program which can help me in this. Any help would be of great pleasure.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Edited by: abhishek sinha on May 4, 2009 2:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am not 100 percently get your question. But I know, how the confirmation works in PS area. The salary of HR side is not considered for the PS at all, as you booked working hours via cat, the activity type combined with the costs center is the factor to determine the costs ( costs per each hours maintained in KP26).

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friend, thanx for your reply. In my project employees are working on projects. I am also using cats for time sheet and cost booking on the project. now the problem in KP26 wat figure i should put because whatever we will book in cat2 and cat5 is actual cost. so to calculate that we need to consider HR. In info type 07 and 08 i can get the planned working hours of he employee and salary of the employee. so i think there must be some standard program which we can use in kp26 to calculate per hour cost of the employee.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can determine activity price per hour using SAP enhancement CATS0002-Supplement Recorded Data and valuate the actual hours based on this activity price.

Regards

Sreenivas

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

thanx for reply but i have to calculate per hour cost of employee .In HR infotype 007 and 008 is having employee salary and planned working hours. so is there any standard program through which we can calculate per hour cost of employee every month.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas can u give me more detail on this. my requirement is activity rate should be calculated automatically. You mean to say we can do this with cats0002 userexit. I am using cats for time sheets.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

I am not sure if it as simple as running a program to calculate these costs for you.

You need to consider the various costs that you would like the cost center to recover when calculating the activity price for an employee. These are likely to include:

Salaries and Wages

Supperannutation

Recreation Leave expenses

LSL expenses

and then what about other indirect costs that are incurred on the employee like:

Accomodation

Training

etc etc.

I think you need to look at all of these cost types, and determine an activity rate for each employee / pay scale level based on the costs that need to be recovered by your cost center. This will differ from one Co to another so I don't expect a standard program will exist.

Hope this helps.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanx for reply. It means we need to caluculate cost of every employee manually once than we should put that per hour figure in KP26. But its really hectic every time a new employee and we need a manual calculation i m sure some thing is there which we dont know. We need to work it out.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good luck,

As I mentioned due to the unique nature of the cost calculations, I don't think you will find what you are looking for.

Anyway here is some reading material re: Actual and Plan Price calculations.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/66/bc740043c211d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/08/5147ee43b511d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Please keep us informed on your end solution......