cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Note Adjustment against Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to adjust A/R credit memo against and A/R invoice and have the balance amount shown as outstanding in the invoice.eg : If I have a credit note of Rs 1000 issued to a customer and the invoice amount is Rs 3000 I want to adjust Rs 1000 against invoice so that the net payable amount against the invoice is Rs 2000 only,

I am using 2007B PL04.

Regards,

Asap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to Incoming payments, select the customer,both the credit memo and the invoice would be displayed. As soon as you select these documents, the system will display the balance amount. Then you can go to payment means and then add the document. Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

The credit memo amount needs to be adjusted agaisnt the invoice before making the payment.I believe there is a way where it can be adjusted and the adjusted amount apperas in the 'Applied Amount' field in the invoice footer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain how do you wish to use the 'Applied amount' as it just provides the information about the partial payment received for that invoice??

Thanks,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

The business requirement is to adjust the amount given to the customer as a credit memo against the total payable amount of the invoice.A credit memo is given to the customers ( which are actually distributors of the company) to spend some expenses on behalf of the comapny.This same credit amount is adjusted against the total outstanding amount of the goods sold to them.

I suppose there is a way to handle this in B1.

Regards,

Asap Fan

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are working with 2007B as mentioned by you.

Kindly test the Internal Reconciliation > Reconciliation under Business Partner Module.

1 ) Select the BP Code for which the Credit Memo is created and the AR Invoice.

2) In the window displayed, select the relevant Credit Memo and the AR Invoice and change the value to 1000 in 'Amount to Reconcile' field.

Kindly check the Balance due of the AR Invoice.

Test all the working and results in the Test Enviorment.

Kind Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin,

Thanks a ton ! It really helped .

Although I was trying the same thing but I did not discover that the field in amount to reconcile has to be changed to the required amount to be adjusted.

Thanks !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether AR invoice is open / closed status ?

If it is open,Create ar credit memo using copy to in ar invoice.

If it is closed,Create a standalone ar credit memo.

Edited by: Jeyakanthan A on May 4, 2009 5:26 PM

Edited by: Jeyakanthan A on May 4, 2009 5:26 PM