cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Periods and Variable Offset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our fiscal year variant includes 12 periods and one special period (Period 13). I created a rolling 12 month query which uses variable offsets to define each column. If the user enters 3/2006, I would expect to see the next columns to show 2/2006, 1/2006, 13/2005, 12/2005....

Instead the query ignores the special period and jumps directly from 1/2006 to 12/2005 - therefore the postings for Period 13, 2005 are not displayed. From what I've found so far this is standard SAP BW functionality, but has anybody had any luck getting around this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Since the report is meant to deliver the previous 12 periods that lead up to the period entered by the user, Period 13 will not always occupy the same position in the structure. For example, if they enter Period 2, 2006 then Period 13, 2005 should be in Column 3. If they entered Period 4, 2006 then Period 13, 2005 should be in Column 5. Without hardcoding the periods in each column there is no way to tell which column would have to switch to the prior year.....

Thanks,

Janet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

If I enter 13/2005 into the leading column variable, I can see that there are transactions posted to Period 13 which are not included in the results of Period 12. We have another query where the user can enter a period range using an interval variable for 0FISCPER (i.e. from Period 10/2005 to Period 2/2006) and it brings back results for Period 13/2005. However this other query that uses the variable offset to define the rolling periods does not return the Period 13 results. I thought about adding Period 13/2005 to Table T009B, but I would prefer not to set this up in BW without doing the same in R/3, and I'm not quite sure about the implications of adding an extra (not special) period to the Fiscal Year variant in R/3.

Sven,

I use 0FISCPER for posting period, and I created a structure for the twelve periods. There is a variable (0P_FPER) for current posting period in the first column, and the rest of the columns use offsets to go back the 12 months. For example the second column is (0P_FPER - 1), the third column is (0P_FPER - 2), etc. It seems that my problem is related to the fact that the offset ignores the special periods, while the fiscal period interval variable recognizes these periods.

Thanks very much to both of you for your replies!

Janet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

so period 13+ is definitely in the cube ...

Use 0FISCPER3 (Period ONLY) and 0FISCYEAR (Year only) in combination for the selections in your structure.

User is the prompted 2 variables but it should be OK.

hth

cheers

sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

how'S the posting period mapped in the update rules?

is it derived out of posting_date or doc_date, or else mapped directly from 0fiscper3 or derived from 0FISCPER?

are you using Structers with characteristics-selections for your rolling forecast?

please check and answer.

cheers

sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally, even though there are transactions that occur during the special period, it still reports to the 12th period. I am not sure if that is how your system is configured, but from my experience, that is how I have seen it.

Thanks,

Jeff