cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enque Server was restarted without restarting the J2EE engine (MSCS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've installed the Portal on Microsoft Cluster (MSCS) and everything is working well. Now when i try to move the Group from Node 1 to Node 2 to test whether it fails over or not?? It does fail over however, server node on CI and DI(Dialog Instance) gets crashed. I checked the log files and got the following:-

<b>Enque Server was restarted without restarting the J2EE engine. This could lead to data inconsistencies and requires a restart of the entire system.</b>

Has someone experienced this before, any ideas.

Regards

Vaib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am guessing you are using NW04 SP15 or higher.

From this version (and on NW04s) you need to use a replicating enqueue server to avoid automatic restart of CI and DI when a switchover occurs.

See notes 804078 and 897583.

Dagfinn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect.....thanks Dagfinn. This is what exactly SAP Support sent to me. This would solve my issue.

Regards

Vaib

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vaibhav,

We are planning to install a HA & Load balanced NW portal. I was looking to get some information regarding same. While going through SDN, I came across this message. Thought of writing to you, since you have already implemented this solution.

Do you have any IDEA, whether SAP(Ok with other Institute also..) offer's any courses / Training for setting up HA (High-Availability) & LOAD BALANCING solutions for NetWeaver Enterprise Portal ?

Or any books available for the same at SAP Press?

PS: you also may refer to my message at SDN with the subject line: Courses / Books For HA & Load balancing for NW Portal

Regards

Sunil Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I dont know as such about the courses however yes, there are guides available on SAP Help, which descibes the whole procedure. We have followed the guide only and implemented this many times now.

You should be aware with the Microsoft Cluster also to do this.

Regards

Vaib

P.S.: Please reward points for the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vaibhav,

Thanks for your time.

While searching on service market place, I have found few documents today only.

What about this Microsoft clustering ?

If you have some documents about it, could you please send it to me at replysdk@yahoo.com

Regards

Sunil Kulkarni

PS: I am not able to reward points, since this question thread is already closed. But I can reward the points, if you could reply to my open thread at..