cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION_MANAGER or DSWP to allways get to "Solution overview"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there anyway to customize the system so that you each time when entering the DSWP transaction allways endup at the "Solution overview".

The behaviour of the transactioncode is that you endup at the last view you where at..

Here is how I would like it to work..

1. Enter DSWP - Initial screen = Solution Overview

2. navigate do e.g Business Process Monitoring

3. exit Solution manager system

4. Logon again and enter DSWP.

Now I would like to start at the "Solution Overview" instead of directly at the BPM Page.

Any hints how to complete this task?

/Tobbe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the Business Process Monitoring View is quite heavy to load. The Initial view "Solution overview" is much faster.

Therefor I would like to start at the initial "Solution Overview" page then continue to navigate where I am heading today.... It is not always true that I want to end up at the same spot as last time I was in the DSWP transaction

Guess this is clear enough or?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Torbjorn,

Do you mean Note 794810 - RDSMOP_MAIN Parameter skip Overview on back key.pdf ?

I am facing the same problem at the moment.

Edited by: Manuela on Oct 27, 2009 4:06 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

somehow the DSWP or program RDSMOP_MAIN uses somekind of caching mechanism where it puts the user to it's last position in the DSWP area which is horrible.

The BPM takes approx 7.5sec to load while the Solution Overview nearly 2sec.. so you can understand how my users are complaining about performance in the system.....

Hope somebody finds a solution to this

/Tobbe

0 Kudos

Hello Tobbe,

perhaps you can explain in some moer detail what you want to achieve. Normally customers are quite happy about the mechanism that the SAP Solution Manager "remember" where you stopped working the last time.

If your end-users want to access BPMon it doesn't make a difference if they directly access it or if they access it via the Solution Overview - in the later case you only need more clicks but the loading is the same. Accessing the monitoring means reading the actual monitoring data. So depending on your monitoring setup it might take some time.

If you want to have a more role-based navigation within Solution Manager you should have a look at the Work Center UI that was introduced with SP15 and now enhanced with SP18 (EhP1).

For this you need to assign the generic role SAP_SMWORK_BASIC to all users that should have access to the UI and then you assign specific roles like SAP_SMWORK_BPM or SAP_SMWORK_JSM for specific functionalities.

Then end-users have only access to those functionalities they really need.

Work Centers can be accessed via GUI (e.g. transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER) or via browser.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange. Now it seems not to work. I don't know why it seems to start at solution overview the last time i tested. Sorry to have mislead you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... In my Solution Manager system the default behaviour is that it always goes to solution overview in DSWP. Don't know why this is not the case in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so what you're saying is that

1. you logon to your solutionmanager system and enter DSWP.

You then see the Solution Overview screen

2. You navigate in the dswp transaction to e.g BPM.

3. hit /ndswp again and you still endup at the "Solution Overview"

correct?