cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffer table not up to date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

We are working with an SRM 5.0 in the classic scenario and would change to extended classic.

Under classic scenario, nothing is wrong.

When i activate the EC scenario (under activation of the ec), i always get an "backend application error":

BBP_BD 002 Buffer table not up to date

Has anybody an idea what the problem is?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Marc

Edited by: Marc_Los on May 4, 2009 1:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the IPC working correctly? All customising done? Did you update your organisational model?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Customizing is done and i entered a local purch. org. to the organizational model.

How can i test if the ipc is working correctly?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First, thanks for yours answers.

Could you please say me, what report or function module i have t o debug?

And where have to set the breakpoint?

When creating a SC, the status is approved, but in rz20, there is directly, before any job, the the message "buffer table...".

It's only in extended classic. I have the classic scenario paralel and it works without problems.

I cannot find the failure.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Marc

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

the "buffer table..." massage can be called forom several modules.

Please upload the call stack part of the dump (from the transaction ST22). This gives the first idea to set the breakpoint.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

In ST22, there are no dumps. This is the problem.

Any other ideas?

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mars,

ok, I see. Then please do at first a full organization and user check, because this is a quite common reason for this error message.

If you can not find the reason, try to debug. Set a breakpoint at the function BBP_PD_MSG_ADD, and execute the coding till to the point, where the message BBP_BD 002 is called. If you are at the right place, check the call stack, and you will see where the error come from.

You can use external breakpoint for this debugging or also normal breakpoint (in this case the SC has to be created via the SAP GUI e.g. in the transaction BBPSC01).

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

User and Organisations are consistent.

But in RZ20 under "internal errors", i found the message

ABORT:: FORM CHECK_PARTNER_EXISTENCE SAPLBBP_PDBUP/ FORM PDBUP_MAINTAIN_ALL SAPLBBP_PDBUP

Do you know what this message means?

Thanks,

Marc

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Please check if the BP for the user is assigned to the BP of Purchasing group. This could be one possible reason for the Dump.

Other idea is that the values of attribute 'BSA' (Document Type in R/3 system) in the org. structure (transaction ppoma_bbp) for the user can not be recognized in the SRM system.

Please note that the transaction types in the BSA attribute in the org.structure should be linked to one of the document types in the SRM using the customizing 'Define Transaction types' under 'Cross-Application Basic settings' of IMG (spro transaction).

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i found the problem.

Under the attributes, there was a wrong printer.

Thanks a lot.

I rewarded points.

Marc

Edited by: Marc_Los on May 18, 2009 3:44 PM

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

the error message refers mostly to an inconsistency in the SC. This can have several reasons, so there is no general solution.

The best would be to set a breakpoint before the place where the DUMP is raised, and than in the debugger you can find which variable is filled in the wrong way. In the call stack you will see which code raise the message.

Regards,

Peter