Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running job along with variant programatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have to run a report (which have selection screen) through job from the module pool program.

that is the user will click on a button which triggers the execution of the report in back ground.

this report have a selection screen.I am creating the variant programatically & I have to use the same varinat in the job.But when I checked the job_open fm , it is not taking any input parametrs for variant.

please note creating the variant & job before the execution of the module pool program is not possible because I have to ceate the variant with the values from the module pool screen & I need to use the job

because the foreground process takes huge amount of time hence going for back ground.

can any one please tell how to cretae a job with varinat programatically?

creating a job with out variant is possible through job_open but I want to create a job with variant so that I can run the repor from module pool.

please give your ideas.

Regards,

Bhaskar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after the function JOB_OPEN you could use the submit_statment.

submit <Reportname> user <user> via job <jobname> number <jobnumber> using selection-set <variant>.

the jobname and jobnumber you would get from the JOB_OPEN-Function.

At last there would be a call function JOB_CLOSE or JOB_SUBMIT.

Regards Wolfgang

3 REPLIES 3

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Check FM : BP_JOBVARIANT_SCHEDULE

Edited by: I039643 on May 4, 2009 4:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after the function JOB_OPEN you could use the submit_statment.

submit <Reportname> user <user> via job <jobname> number <jobnumber> using selection-set <variant>.

the jobname and jobnumber you would get from the JOB_OPEN-Function.

At last there would be a call function JOB_CLOSE or JOB_SUBMIT.

Regards Wolfgang

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the variant using the SUBMIT statement or JOB_SUBMIT function module.

Thomas