cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVL Check in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fnds,

When iam using Configurable material in Sales order, Avl Check is not Carrying out.

Configuration is: I maintained Avl check in Material master 02(_individual Requirement_)

Strategy group is 025

In this Strategy Group Req type is KEK and Class is 046.

In Sales Order if I click on Scope of Check ,Avl Check is :02 and Checking Rule is :A(SD order).

What Could be the Problem.

Thanks in advance

Regards

raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In t code VOV7 for your sales order item category the special stock indicator should be E

Make the said changes in your item category in VOV7 and create a fresh order and reply back

What is the item category determined for your sales order and the schedule line category

Pls make sure to turn on Availabilty check in your schedule line category too in VOV6

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

I activated Special stock Indicator E in Item category TAC...and I checked in Scheduline category CP Activated Avl check and Reqs.

Here i observed the Change is ,when iam creating the Sales order iam getting the Checking group and Checking rule combination 02/AE(SD order; make-to-order stock)

Even now Avl check is not performed...confirmation Qty is 0. is there any checks.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

raj.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Most propably the schedule line category determined in your sales order should be CN

In VOV6 the availabilty check is turned off for CN

CN is getting determined because of your MRP type in MMR is no planning that is ND or BLANK

You can do two things

You can change your MRP type to something other than ND and BLANK to PD so that for TAC and MRP type the schedule line determined is is CP which has availability activated in it

or

You can activate availabilty check in CN itself in the t code VOV6 keeping the MRP intact

Better to go with option 1

Moreover dont mark E special stock indicator in TAC in VOV7

That is not marked in SAP standards

If schedule line is activated for availabilty check system will perform availabilty with 02 and A combination

and that is the correct way to do

Problem for you is with schedule line category or with MRP type of your material which has an impact on your schedule line

If availability is not happening then two places needs to be checked

1.Schedule line category

2.Requirement class (your requirement class 046 has availability activated in it)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

In my Case, i maintained in MMR MRP type is PD.and based on this (TAC+PD=CP) iam getting in My sales order.

Even in Req Class 046 :AL check is Activated..

Thanks in Advance

Regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fnds,

When iam performing MTO Scenario System is Picking Checking Group and Checking Rule Combination is picking 02/AE.

How it is Determined in Sales order.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

raj.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checking rule is always picked by the system automatically through some internal controls too

If for a material the checking group assigned in availabilty check in MMR is 01 then during sales order system will pick combination 01 and A that is SD sales order

During delivery system will pick combination 01 and B that is SD delivery

If the sales order item category is marked with special stock indicaor as E in VOV7 during sales order system will pick combination 01 and AE

If the sales order item category is marked with special stock indicaor as W in VOV7 during sales order system will pick combination 01 and AW

If the item cat is marked with with special stock indicaor during delivery the system takes BE or BW depending up on the special stock indicaor

So ultimately the special stock indicaor in VOV7 controls the whole thing

That E,Q,V and W they are all special stock indicators which you can see in VOV7

Dear Venky

How you are concluding that system is not performing Availabilty check

In MTO scenario the production itself is triggered after saving the sales order or based on the sales order only

The normal behaviour is even if the stocks are not there the system will confirm schedule lines and allow delivery and allow picking and will catch you only in PGI

This is controlled mainly by the strategy group

So for you if the system is not confirming the quantities then you have to take the help of your PP colleagues to check your strategy group

Performing availability check in sales order in MTO scenario doesnot carry any meaning

MTO is make to order and after order only we are making the stocks or producing the stocks

Regards

Raja

Answers (0)